Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well managed to finally make a track day. Went with Tracoholics on Friday 13th Aug @ Grattan. AWESOME time!!!! :thumbs2: Day was running backwards, but since I had never been there before it didn't matter. Also from looking at how the track is layed out, I think you can go faster running that way. Since I have never done a track day I ran in the novice group, and because I didn't have a gauge of how I would run against the others I decided to run in the 3rd group, 1st fast - 4th slow. By the third session I was in the 2nd group, and after that moved to the 1st group. Ran 5 sessions. Really started to get comfortable with track and pick up speed. From the 4th to last session, 5th, I cut 2 seconds from my lap time. Also managed to scrap the pegs on both sides of the bike. Left side in turn 1 and the right in turn 6. I was initially worried that the bandit would have issues since it is not a sport bike, but with the upgraded suspension, race tech front and ohlins rear, it did good. Also since I only had Michilen pilot road, ST tire, instead of a SP tire, 208 or pilot sport or etc., I was worried about traction. No issues there either. I am definitely the limiting factor still. All in all good day. Definitely will be doing more track days in the future. For those that might have been there I was on the Silver Bandit number 123, shirt number 1.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Couldnt agree more on an awsome day. I am so sore in my arms today. It's funny how 20 minutes at a time really tire you out. I was jersey #12 on the naked red Kaw. I couldnt believe what my bike could really do. I was deffinitly slowing myself with progress. I am so much more confident on my bike. I managed to scrape both knees and feet. Mainly in turn 9, 7, and 6. Thanks to all the good advice from everyone and the confidance boosters I recieved. I thought I was pushing too hard but I listened to everyone and realized I could have gone harder and faster. It gives me something to work on when I go back. Thanks to Chris for video taping me on some turns. I thought I was flying until I seen the video. Then I realized I was almost standing still. He he he. Track days really show you how much more potential you can have and how little you are doing now. Thanks to a great crew. Until next time.
Ken

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup I remember, not to many of us naked riders out there, so I made note of it. My arms and legs are sore too. :crying: Can't wait to run another one again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kuntrykidd said:
Couldnt agree more on an awsome day. I am so sore in my arms today. It's funny how 20 minutes at a time really tire you out. I was jersey #12 on the naked red Kaw. I couldnt believe what my bike could really do. I was deffinitly slowing myself with progress. I am so much more confident on my bike. I managed to scrape both knees and feet. Mainly in turn 9, 7, and 6. Thanks to all the good advice from everyone and the confidance boosters I recieved. I thought I was pushing too hard but I listened to everyone and realized I could have gone harder and faster. It gives me something to work on when I go back. Thanks to Chris for video taping me on some turns. I thought I was flying until I seen the video. Then I realized I was almost standing still. He he he. Track days really show you how much more potential you can have and how little you are doing now. Thanks to a great crew. Until next time.
Ken
I got some video too. Man if I were anymore upright in some of those turns I doubt I would be leaned at all. Always feels and looks from the pilot view more leaned that you actually are. Can't wait to go again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts