Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking of dressing up the old VFR. I've hit all the various websites with graphic designs, but didn't see anything I liked, so I ordered some tape from Tapeworks to design my own. I'm looking for samples of lightning, if anyone has suggestions. Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Being pretty handy in the artistic skills department, I drew a little something up for you to use as a template...

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pete said:
Being pretty handy in the artistic skills department, I drew a little something up for you to use as a template...
As exquisite as that is, I'm not sure I could do it justice when transferring it to vinyl. I do appreciate all the time and effort put into that masterpiece. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
go to Photodisc.com or other stock photo sites, do a search for lightning, you should get a quite a few samples, you can download low res images that should give you some ideas.

Or I could do it for you for $25/hr. :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inanima said:
go to Photodisc.com or other stock photo sites, do a search for lightning, you should get a quite a few samples, you can download low res images that should give you some ideas.

Or I could do it for you for $25/hr. :D
Thanks - that's a cool website, but I'm looking more for graphics than photos. All of the clipart sites I checked out are unbelievably annoying - nothing but pop-ups and links.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know what you mean......
umm, for graphics, lessee......another idea is to go to Barnes & Nonbles or other bookstore, go to the art section, look for clip art books. should be some with nature or related stuff, either buy the book or take some tracing paper in with you, trace any images you like, and take off.

could go to the library, find some nature or sky books, dao as above or check'em out, scan in any lightning pics, and from there there are lots of tricks to get lightning in outline form for what you're looking for. That assumes you have a scanner and editing program though.

Sorry- now I'm outta ideas for the day.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
What about hot rod websites? Some cars have great graphic lightning painted on them, and it might give you an idea of what it will look like on your bike.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Pete said:
LMMFAO!!! :p

Oops! I mean, that's pretty Pete, tell us about your drawring (sic). :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Pete said:

LMAO! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts