Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st of all would like to say hello to fellow sportbikeworld forum members. I'm from Malaysia & i've been riding for about 2 years now, my current bike is a Yamaha TZM 150 which is a Thailand made, TZR-based, 150cc 2-stroke little sportsbike, comes with basic brakes, basic suspension, 35hp & loads of fun. But now i'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger bike, but since i'm not able to test ride any bikes i'm eyeing, i just really can't decide what to get. Especially when bikes here cost alot eg. CBR600RR sells for RM72,000 here which is about US$24,000, i can't afford to get a bike then found out that i don't like it.

I'm looking for bike that has good torque & mid-range, nimble & sharp handling, mostly street/urban riding. Which is why i'm considering to get a naked bike or a Superbike 600/1000. But the question is how would a naked bike compare to a sportsbike? I've read alot of articles about naked being a hybrid of sports/cruiser bike, that they are as fast & as fun as sportsbike but also as relax as a cruiser. But how true is that? What bikes would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

But no ER-6 or SV650 please, no offence to the owners, but these bikes are slower than mine :laughing: looking to upgrade not downgrade. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
There are several bikes like the SV 650/1000, Bandit 1200, VFR FZ1/FZ6 and others that offer performance and ergonomics, it's just a question of getting to see each one and feeling out what you'd like.

I don't think they are excellent "sportbikes" in my opinion, but for all around use they may be better choices than full on sport bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts