Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally set up the scanner for my parents and scanned in and uploaded a pic of my '83 GPZ550 to the picture gallery. I would paste it in this post, BUT my browser locks up when I try to go to the picture gallery. If someone would be so kind as to do that for me I would appreciate it. :) It's the red one under GPZ550 with no fairing. It's basically about 90% done.

When I got it, someone previously had painted it blue WITH A BRUSH. I kid you not. I had to sand off every bit of paint to the bare metal to get it smooth enough for a repaint. I took this picture right after I got it reassembled. I think I'm going to keep it one more year and then find a '96 ZX7R for my next project. No more '80s bikes for me. It might have have been hot $hit in '83, but it's basically a good sport standard now. No way it can keep up with a modern day 600.

Still it's been a fun project bike, I got it for $600, I've invested another $500 and a lot of hours, and it's worth about $1500 as it sits. Ride it for 3 years and then sell it for more than I gave. Damn, am I practical or what?

Later,
Eric

[Edited by RedNinja on 11-03-2000 at 05:37 AM]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Eric, the bike looks great; not my mug o beer, but I bet someone would give you more than $1500 for it if there's not any rust on it etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts