Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an owners manual for any year Kawasaki GPZ550? They are all pretty similar, so any year model will do. I'd like to get a photo-copy if you do. I have an '83 that I'm restoring and I sure would like to get a copy of the original owners manual. I have a Haynes manual that I'm using to restore the bike, but it's really skimpy on operation, plus I'd like to see what the factory recommended for maintenance back in the '80s.

Thanks,
Eric

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
I guess no one has one. But you may want to try a Kawi dealer. Who knows, they may still make the factory service manuals for your bike.

Do you realize that you have the Great Grandfather of the 600 class sportbikes of today!?!?

Very important bike!

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it's funny, but if you look at the kz550 (the father of the gpz550) isn't not that different than the ninja 600r.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, they didn't have an owners manual, but they did have a set of microfiche cards for $15.

Have you guys been to buykawasaki.com? Kawasaki has digitized all their parts microfiche cards and put them on the web. Very Handy.

This old GPZ was someones old racebike and has seen more than it's share of wrecks. I'm slowly restoring it back to its former glory. It's a little ugly still, but it runs like a scalded puppy. Can't beat that for $600.

Thanks,
Eric

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
post pictures!

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My mom has a scanner, I'll try to scan some in this weekend and post a couple next week.

Later,
Eric

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts