Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just found this site and love it! I've always loved sportbikes and always have to crank my head over every time one flies by. :) Just to see what it was like, I signed up for a motorcycle safety training course here and just love it. I've got to get me a bike! :) I really don't know a whole lot about them, just some basic specs on the new models and read a couple comparisons on different web pages. What kind of bike should I be looking for? It's got to go fast and look good doing it but still stay down in the price range (I'm a struggling university student here).

I love the R1 but don't think I'll get it as a first bike, plus *everybody* has one. It's crazy. I've got to be different. The new Triumph Daytona 955i is like my dream bike, but way too much $$$ for me. I know there's some bad blood between the F4i and R6 guys about which is a better sport bike, but which is a better first bike? Or am I completely on the wrong track here and should be looking for an old junker first to learn on and then trade in later for a nice new one?

I'll be back a lot, reading through the posts and learning what I can here so I can make a good decision on this. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!

Welcome to SBW!!:)
Assuming that you are of normal proportions;a good size to "start" out on is something in the 500cc to 600cc
range.Glad to hear you took the MSF course. Make sure you mention that to your insurance agent,it should get ya a couple bucks off of your insurance bill. Speaking of insurance that is one thing to add to your m/c budget as well as GOOD riding gear too!!:D
Have fun,be safe!!

JIM

·
Registered
48 Posts
An SV650 was my first bike, and I loved it! It's pretty fast, light, easy to handle, and has no plastic to scratch when you drop it! (which you will). It's also a lot cheaper than the 600's. There's also a lot of aftermarket accessories available for it. It's a great bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts