Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted color-rite for paint and in order for me to paint a sharkskin tail and an extreme graphics undertail for my f4i (pearl fadeless white) it would cost $240 just for the paint!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so dumb not to check into this before I started the project.......can anyone help me out????????

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Are you buying rattle cans from them or do you know how to use a real paint gun? Mixed paint from your local Napa should run $40 or so for a quart. By the time you also add in the correct reducers, hardeners, and other supplies to do a good job you'll spend $150 minimum. I've already invested in a decent paint booth setup, so I'll continue to paint my stuff, but I suggest to anyone else- look long and hard for a local body shop who is willing to spray your stuff for a decent price. 90% of the car shops will either tell you to piss off or charge $700+ for a paint job, but there are guys out there who will do it for <$300. That's a whole bike, you bring them the parts removed from the bike with no stickers/damage/etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Color-rite and price..? Yeah right.

Which poses a quick question...? Are you trying to match the existing paint or are you covering all the glass? If matching is what your after ...good luck. I believe Color-rite has the contract with Honda and (I think Suzuki) so if you want factory colors...their it. The color code that Honda & Color-rite will quote you are actually item codes for Color-rite and do not match any paint code in Duron, Sherwin Williams, or Dupont books that the auto paint store carries. They only give you four or five letters / numbers. The color code is normally 10 to 12 digits for any make of car you can find.
The paint store is the way to go, and a good airbrush artist will be able to blend into the rest of the factory layers.

And I think the "shark" is a neat idea. And to inflated paint prices......

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Tristan said:
look long and hard for a local body shop who is willing to spray your stuff for a decent price. 90% of the car shops will either tell you to piss off or charge $700+ for a paint job, but there are guys out there who will do it for <$300.
Local body shop here wants $600. I'm still looking...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts