Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my new enclosed trailer yesterday. I picked it up from John's Trailer Sales in Toledo. Great price. (Thanks Lucky)

Just a little bit of advice if you deal with this place. I was quoted a price for the trailer over the phone, and left a $100 deposit on my credit card. He gave me a balance due, and that was it. I went down to pick it up and told him to put the balance on the same card. He said, "If I do that, you will loose the 3% discount for paying cash". First, he never mentioned ANYTHING about a cash discount. Second, I never said I was paying cash. He then says, "Its posted all over my ad". Yeah, in the fine print you need a magnifying glass to read. It was only $64 more dollars, but its the principle. He was being shady, and passing along his Visa fee to me, then tried to play it off like I was gettin a deal.

I left and told him I would never do business with him again, but he does have good prices. Like I said, not a huge deal, but it pissed me off.

The trailer is available for free use for any Redline member (if I know you), and I'm not using it.

Rules for use:

1. Give me at least a week's notice.

2. You come and pick it up.

3. Return it how you found it.

4. Have a vehicle that can pull it. (Dave, your Hyundai won't cut it)

If I start to feel like my generosity is being abused, I will become stingy real quick.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOH, OOH OOH, I want to borrow it on April 19 & 20, that's atleast a weeks notice :D
Between Mine, yours, and Chuck's, you will have one for each bike. :loser:

Sorry, I already have it that day. Are you guys booked yet?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
She is, I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna try and do both days :eek:
Not booked yet. Jon you might be going alone, we are sending the Hotbodies back and getting a different brand of race glass. The Hotbodies are aweful, I wouldn't even want to crash them on my bike for fear of what it would do. There is no proper fit, in fact, the only way to get it to fit is to use zip ties because of the huge gap between the upper and lower. God aweful stuff. I might have to rig up my rashed stock plastics somehow, we'll see and let you know.

Sorry about the stuff with the trailer. You will get alot of use with it though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice trailer john. :)

:topic:
I know you guys are all getting into track days or have been for a while. I figured I would throw this out there. If you guys find yourself needing a two place enclosed trailer mine is available for rent (it's been flipped, banged up, abused, and mangled) but it is enclosed and tows straight. Dave I know you've seen it up at Ubly. It does have two drive on wheel chocks and front tie down. If you need rears they can always be installed. $25.00 p/day.. trailer is stored in madison heights.

I hope everyone has a blast at the track!!!!!!!

You can call me @ 248-797-2308:thumbs2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts