Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The camera bikes were ST1100s but the new bikes were under cover.....I did see the undercarraige on one of the covered bikes and I think it was the replacement for the ST1100 because it had wheels and rubber of sporting dimensions but still had a fairly wide fairing under the stretched cover.

------------------
xxman

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was out for a ride up Mt Evans a couple of days ago.It's a great ride with good twisties and great scenery.I came around a corner and the State troopers had traffic stopped.One of the boys came back and told me it would be a 10 minute wait.I asked him what was going on and he said Honda was shooting a new motorcycle commercial up the road a bit.They waved us through after a while and I got my camera out and set it on top of my tank bag.I came around a corner and sure enough there was the new Goldwing and couple other bikes with movie cameras mounted on the tanks.I started snapping pictures as I rode by and they freaked OUT!One guy was running along side of my bike trying to block my shots and yelling some choice words.I got down by Echo lake and they had a couple of other new models under covers.I waited around for a while but I think they knew what I was waiting for!I'll have the film developed tomorrow...hope it comes out.

------------------
xxman

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I guess if we don't hear from you again we'll know what happened :D

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not sure on this one, but I believe the key to taking "spy" photos is to not get caught. :D :D

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wtempleton:
and sure enough there was the new Goldwing and couple other bikes with movie cameras mounted on the tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, what 'other' bikes were there.......cruisers? Sportbikes?

------------------

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's funny! Definitely post pictures if they come out!

A few years ago, I saw some mysterious, unmarked cars being tested in New Mexico, on the Interstate. We pulled up along side one of them to take pictures, and the guy freaked out, nailed the brakes, and then got up on our rear bumper for a while. Then he hit the brakes again and stopped.

A little while later, I got pulled over by about a half-dozen N.M. State Troopers WITH GUNS DRAWN! It turns out that little prick called the cops and said that I was waving a gun at him!

After I explained what the real story was, the cops all started to get an understanding look on their faces, because they had dealt with these guys before. They apologized for the confusion and told me to call them if the car testers gave me any more trouble!

It turned out the cars were new Audi A8 sedans, which ironically, were officially unveiled in the car magazines not even a month later!

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like it could be the X-Wing, maybe???

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.

·
Registered
468 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
i would see what the magazines would pay for those b4 i posted them here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good advice.

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, what's the going rate for capturing the hand of an idiot running towards a camera on film :D

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
468 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Yeah, what's the going rate for capturing the hand of an idiot running towards a camera on film :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That should be worth at least $500K. LOL!

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rug B.,

You are too funny. Where do you come up with this stuff? :D :D :D
ROFLMAO
AZ. always has some new kind of vehicle being test driven out there. They like to see how it does in the extreme heat. Here in TX, Firestone is testing tires that have removable treads, that can be changed out for the different driving conditions that the SUV driver might encounter while going to the malls.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
just WTF does ROF from ROFLMAO mean?

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
468 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheToy:
just WTF does ROF from ROFLMAO mean?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rolling On the Floor...

------------------
Rossco.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I was in college at OSU in Stillwater, OK, Mercury Marine was building the aluminium V8s for the Corvette ZR1. They would only do the test driving at night so no one would see them, but you always knew what they were because the taillights were different from the stock vettes then. Usually taillights were all you could see anyway. We saw ZR1s months before they were released to the press. We never had them call the cops or anything though.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by His_Suzuki:
Firestone is testing tires that have removable treads, that can be changed out for the different driving conditions that the SUV driver might encounter while going to the malls.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it seems that they got the first part of this R&D process down pat.

P.S. For the clueless, that was sarcasm related to the recall of Firestone's all-terrain tires that keep losing the tread.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
367 Posts
Pete,

Are you saying that I am being sarcastic? ;)

When you come out to ride with us, we will run into a bunch of test vehicles up in the hill country - Mustangs, Beemers(3's & 7's), trucks, Crown Vic's and Saabs. They will be the slow ones that do not move over for us.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by His_Suzuki:
Pete,

Are you saying that I am being sarcastic? ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was saying that *I* was being sarcastic. :)

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

·
Registered
987 Posts
Todd, the funny thing about that whole Firestone mess is that apparently Ford recommended a lower tire pressure to stave off rollover lawsuits. They felt that a softer sidewall would help absorb some of the forces that contribute to rollover in the hands of the unskilled; however they didn't seem to think about what would happen to a tire that had a lot of miles at very low pressure. Try it for yourself - run your bike tires 10psi low for a few miles, and then feel how hot they get.

------------------

1 - 20 of 56 Posts