Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new leather suit it is a agv torino 2pc leather with all body armor.I also bought some agv boots and gloves I have worn it and it fits real good but it is very warm.I do have a few questions How do you care for it and is a leatehr suit good for cold weather riding it seems that it would but maybe some of you know the answer!

------------------
Chris Blackman
If it is GREEN it has to be better!
www.memphissportbikes.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an AGV ASTRA. It also is very warm while I'm standing or walking with it on. However, it is fully ventalated so when I am rideing it is very comfortable.This works very well for me. To care for mine I use LEXOL-pH leather cleaner and conditioner. I purchased both 1/2 liter containers(16.9 FL.OZ)at a Horseriding supply
place for about 12 dollars. You can also find
it any place you find car care products. Wal Mart,K-Mart,PepBoys..... I use it on my gloves,boots,seats in my car anything that is leather.

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
With warm clothes on under the leathers and a rain suit over the leathers you can ride in some pretty cold weather. I have ridden in temps at 38 degrees F here in East Tenn. before. I don't recommend it but I did it. ;)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qbclub13:
I just got my new leather suit it is a agv torino 2pc leather with all body armor.I also bought some agv boots and gloves ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, where did you get your gear and what did you pay (if i may ask)

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought them at my Kawi Dealer as I get great discounts there the suit was $400.00 and the boots were $149.00 the gloves I think were $55.00.Those are around 50.00 off the suit and boots and about 20 of the gloves.It was gonna cost me 120.00 more online so I got it for them at Kawasaki Of Memphis.

------------------
Chris Blackman

·
Registered
873 Posts
Lucky you. My Kawi dealer are a bunch of F&$%d up pricks who charge you as much as possible for anything. (I even bought my first bike from them and they are still jerks.)

Maybe i need to play the "dealer against dealer" mind game on them and make them think i will go somewhere else, (or actually GO somewhere else and do this) do you think theyd even care?

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that sucks the suit I bought is white green and black with some real dark purple.It really looks good with Kawasaki green I looked at all kinds of suits and this one was the best deal for the money.If you can't get one from your dealer Motorcycle accesory warehouse has them online for $449.00 plus shipping.

Some bike shops really piss me off but I have a super friendship with mine and it really helps :D .It is the only shop in town that will let you ride before you buy all service work is done on a 3 day turnaround to me they are the best.

------------------
Chris Blackman

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
qbclub13 said:
I just got my new leather suit it is a agv torino 2pc leather with all body armor.I also bought some agv boots and gloves I have worn it and it fits real good but it is very warm.I do have a few questions How do you care for it and is a leatehr suit good for cold weather riding it seems that it would but maybe some of you know the answer!
So how do you like your leathers, Chris?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts