Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrates to ya.:cheers:

I live in brownstown too. Maybe we can ride out to one of the meeting places when they get another ride going. Those redline people like to meet in BFE from us. :twofinger ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good for you. :D Let the addiction begin. :cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
dfdmedic said:
Took the safety class last weekend and got my endorsement now.Looking forward to riding this year.
Congrats! If you took it at Schoolcraft there's a chance i taught you (middle range). Enjoy the ride and don't forget to practice your skills from time to time as they need to be maintained....keep the shiny side up.....

Justin

·
Registered
532 Posts
Re: Re: got my endorsement

Apps said:
Congrats! If you took it at Schoolcraft there's a chance i taught you (middle range). Enjoy the ride and don't forget to practice your skills from time to time as they need to be maintained....keep the shiny side up.....

Justin
Apps, I just signed my girlfriend up for the MSF at schoolcraft... (macomb?). Do you think there's a chance you can let me know if any of the full classes have anyone drop out earlier? or what ar ethe chances she can get in as a walk in? Thats what I did 3 years ago.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: Re: Re: got my endorsement

xdbx said:
Apps, I just signed my girlfriend up for the MSF at schoolcraft... (macomb?). Do you think there's a chance you can let me know if any of the full classes have anyone drop out earlier? or what ar ethe chances she can get in as a walk in? Thats what I did 3 years ago.
xdbx,

The program changed from the old walk in format to a new lottery format that doesn't accept people first come, first serve. This was chanegd because we had too many people showing up at 2:30 for a 6pm class and the schools weren't appreciative of it. Generally, the earlier in the year, the less likely you are to get in as a walk in. Most people who are taking the class in March/April/May signed up back in January so you can pretty much bet they are going to show. (Trust me, if you're willing to ride in 20 degree temps...you REALLY want your license). Later in the year, I've had enough opening for 30+ people in class before. This isn't necessarily typical but it gives you some idea of what I was talking about earlier. Out at Macomb I know they sometimes open the class up to more registrations the week of the class so it might make sense for you to call tuesday/wednesday of the class you want to get in to. I personally don't tend to find out when they have openings until we show up.....sorry....I hope this helps a little bit....

Justin

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nope, I haven't had the honor of visiting Selfridge. I teach mainly at the Schoolcraft Campus in Livonia or Garden City these days....I ride a green RF900...I think I've run into you at Rec though.....

Justin

·
Registered
154 Posts
My wife got in as a walk-in at OCC last August. There were something like 15 walk-ins and 9 no-shows. She was the last walk-in accepted and she showed up 1 hour before class.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts