Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got my new to me, dirtbike today...I must say, what a difference from riding on the street...I have a reasonable amount of confidence(w/o being an a$$) on the street, but on this thing, I'm gonna be a "Mary" for a while!!!GoooGobs of power...All you have to do is breathe on the throttle and your in orbit...I can't imagine why they put 4th and 5th gear on the bike...I was doing about 50 in second in the mud...Very hairy!!!It's a 91 Yamaha yz250 with all the goodies...Used but not abused...I was surprised by just how good mechanical shape it was in...Just normal scuffs from trailriding...Them yamahas!!!!go figure!!!I can't WAIT to go home and do a little stomping around!!! ;-) My boy and I, are going to have one HELL of a summer!!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Getting involved with the kids. That is what I like to hear. Parents actually spending time with the kids and it is on motorcycles. :cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey John,

How do you like "cross-training" with your dirtbike???I'm having a hard time getting used to all the power!!!This things a friggin monster...I still can't get it past 1/8 throttle without running out of room in a large field...I still don't think I'll ever get it out of third gear....It's weird being on something so light with all that power....ANd it DEFINATELY makes you use different muscles!!!!I was wiped out from riding for only an hour..
................Jimmy G.......................................................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts