Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's like christmas in july!.... or,... january..

I picked up my new R6 last night. 7300$ OTD including sales tax and all the stealership misc. charges.. (235$ set up fee.... :bs: ) and worked a true 20% discount on any parts and accessories bought with the bike.. naturally I was a kid in a candy store.
New Scorpion jacket, Shark flat black helmet, JR gloves, integrated taillight, Canyon dancer. I also ordered a service manual. I'm so pumped to have a new bike.. Im not sure there's any better feeling.

Anyways- I bought the garnet red and black model. I really wish the 07's came in raven, but oh well. Shiny side up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
congrats!!!:cheers:

pics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics to come shortly, I'm headed out of town this evening to go snowboarding, I'll try to get some posted before I leave.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
HondaNut! said:
Nothing beats the feeling, .. But break-in sucks! ...
I remember riding the ZX12 home from the dealer, being passed by a truck pulling a mobile home.....:crying: . But then the fun started....:burnout:

Congratulations, CWolf!! You ride it long enough and you'll get to liking Garnet better than Raven. Where exactly is McCalla? The name's familiar but I can't quite place it....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys- thanks for the comments! I havent had time for pics, but I will definitely get some posted tomorrow. I'm going to try to put quite a few break-in miles on her tomorrow. Its supposed to be in the 60's, so there's no better time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I live about 50 miles northeast of B-ham. Anniston, AL. Maybe we could ride together sometime.... atleast when it warms up.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, for a quick ride report-

My buddy (ninja250) and I logged about 80 miles, carving one of the nicest river roads I've been on. It's reallly hard to keep the rpm's under 7,000.... REALLY hard. The R6 definitely isn't as comfortable riding as my old R1, but I didn't buy it for comfort. The seat height, at just over 32" is a bit of a stretch for my 30" inseam. Me trying to back up this bike is comical, its much easier to just get off and do it manually. Now it's time for shaved signals and some new exhaust notes.

One of the many things I love about this bike is the incredible throttle response! I absolutely cannot wait till break in is complete!

r3yrey- We rode up around Leeds today. I'd definitely like to take a stroll up Cheaha sometime. PM me and we'll make some plans

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
crazywolf450r said:
And McCalla is about 20 miles west of the towncenter of Birmingham. Are you familiar with Alabama?
So... McCalla is on the way to Tuscaloosa down 20/59. If you were rolling in Leeds you weren't too far from Mom's house. I can sit on her back deck & hear the bikes (or cars) running at the Barbour racetrack. That run from exit 133 down Old Leeds road to 29dreams is a nice stretch of road.
I'm guessing the 'river run' is along the Cahaba river to lake Purdy. I spent half of the last 10 years working in Huntsville. Took a lot of trips through Gadsden & Anniston going back and forth to Atlanta.

Glad you're enjoying that R6. You've got lots of good roads, great weather, and pretty girls to look forward to......

·
Registered
265 Posts
crazywolf:

I would love that... unfortunately cant ride within the next 2 weeks. I'm gonna be working nonstop and I'm making some maintenance/repairs on the bike & parts that I ordered wont be here for another week.

but defenitely, I'll PM you next time weather warms up again. Its suppose to start raining again after this beautiful weekend we've had. Let me know when you guys plan on going up to Cheaha!

btw...:cheers: enjoy your new bike! r6 are fun!! my buddy used to have one, unfortunately, wife told him to give it up *whip* :D

just be safe, the quick throttle response can be a double edge sword!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rundog said:
So... McCalla is on the way to Tuscaloosa down 20/59. If you were rolling in Leeds you weren't too far from Mom's house. I can sit on her back deck & hear the bikes (or cars) running at the Barbour racetrack. That run from exit 133 down Old Leeds road to 29dreams is a nice stretch of road.
I'm guessing the 'river run' is along the Cahaba river to lake Purdy. I spent half of the last 10 years working in Huntsville. Took a lot of trips through Gadsden & Anniston going back and forth to Atlanta.
man... I gotta start traveling around here more. I've only been in AL for a couple of years so I'm really not familiar with the good riding areas. I've heard of 'river runs' before but never actually been there. I've heard of areas such as 'Eagles pass or Eagles nest' and many more. Those are on my 'to ride' list.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
r3yrey said:
man... I gotta start traveling around here more. I've only been in AL for a couple of years so I'm really not familiar with the good riding areas. I've heard of 'river runs' before but never actually been there. I've heard of areas such as 'Eagles pass or Eagles nest' and many more. Those are on my 'to ride' list.
R3, you and the Wolf got it good! Next spring you're going to be enjoying some of the best-paved, underpoliced, and emptiest roads in the country! Don't confuse them with racetracks, but you'll find room to 'stretch your legs' a little. And if you see a cop while you're at the gas station, say 'Hi'. Chances are good you might ride with them one day (on bikes).. :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rundog- you're a little too familiar with Alabama for and out-of-statesman, lol. We actually rode highway 25 out past 29 dreams. My buddy is a member so we stopped and hooked up with a very very squidly kid on another r6. Apparently he didnt like us obeying the majority of traffic laws, and passed us and a caravan in front of us on double yellow at a rail road crossing. Not exactly the type I want to ride with.

I'd never ridden that particular stretch before, I used to spend most of my time cruising the UA campus in Tuscaloosa, waving to all the southern beauties, and riding highway 69 to Jasper and back.

Man I still havent taken pics lol... Ok I'll have them up tonight ..... Promise ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rundog said:
R3, you and the Wolf got it good! Next spring you're going to be enjoying some of the best-paved, underpoliced, and emptiest roads in the country! Don't confuse them with racetracks, but you'll find room to 'stretch your legs' a little. And if you see a cop while you're at the gas station, say 'Hi'. Chances are good you might ride with them one day (on bikes).. :cheers:
:D I've had a cop flagged me to speed up. I was doing about 60mph on us431, and this cop pulled along side me and started waving his hands forward. I looked at my speedometer and knew I wasnt speeding, But still I slowed a littel bit. As I slowed down, he did too and was still waving forward. So I sped up a little bit, about 70mph. He still waved forward. So I keep speeding up until I got to +130mph. And he was side-by-side with me. Talk about law enforcement.:twofinger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R3- I can't wait to ride US 431 between I20 and I59. I drove it once in a truck, and I was drooling the whole time wishing I was back on my R1. Is it as good as I seem to remember?

·
Registered
265 Posts
yep... pavement cant be any smoother and you see pretty far ahead, so when youre speeding and see a cop, theres alot of time to slowdown.:D

Very few troopers patroling this road all day except around 4-7 at night, rush hour.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
crazywolf450r said:
Rundog- you're a little too familiar with Alabama for and out-of-statesman, lol....
Ya got me, Wolf.... I was born in Birmingham! Didn't grow up in Al, but I spent a lot of time there after I grew up, went to UAB, and have family from Muscle Shoals to Selma. My career took me all around the country and its hella cool out here in Cali but .....there's no place like home!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts