Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to local dealer today and saw an 02 F4i with 8000 miles and immaculate condition. They want 7000 for it and won't budge on the price. KBB says $5050, but with an average mileage of 19000.

What do you guys think? Is this a decent price?

·
Registered
177 Posts
jakkyl said:
I went down to local dealer today and saw an 02 F4i with 8000 miles and immaculate condition. They want 7000 for it and won't budge on the price. KBB says $5050, but with an average mileage of 19000.

absolutely NOT.

an 02 F4i (great bike btw) can be had for 4000-4700 pretty easily. search craigslist, your local classifeids if you havent already, and eBay. Private sellers dont rape their victims as much as stealerships. After a little deep searching I found my 04 gsxr600 with 11K on it for $4000. I had a DEAL. but even at 4500 for an 02 f4i is normal.

(or at least within 200miles of myself it is)

oh, and don't buy an F4i's from a "stunna" ;)
Thats the bike of choice

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dealers sell used bikes at rediculous prices... Never buy used from those bastards!!!!! Look around on craigs list, the paper, and shit and your bound to find some good deals....... sometimes it may take longer than you wish but you'll find a gem or sure.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My '02 F4i with 4900 miles was $5000. The bike is almost exactly 6 years old and it still tricks people into thinking its new.

·
Registered
447 Posts
that is rediculas what they want, if they wont drop down to book value walk away and take you buseness some other place. Places like that pray on people who dont know any better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Listen to these guys. That dealership is out of their mind, IMO.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Re: Re: Good price?

oreo321321 said:
oh, and don't buy an F4i's from a "stunna" ;)
Thats the bike of choice
Let me translate that piece in case you don't recognize it. "stunna" is stunter, or one who does wheelies and the like. Ways to tell it was stunted include new plastics (just ask), custom color, changed sprockets (more teeth on the front IIRC) and simply slipping in the question without really asking outright. For instance, "I heard these things are great for wheelies. Is that true?"

As has been said, the price is crazy high. I'd have laughed in the salesperson's face.

·
Registered
633 Posts
jakkyl said:

No way dude!!! I bought my 02R1 in 2005 for $7000 and it had 6000 miles on it....so tell them to drop the price or shove it and keep looking! :2cents:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts