Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good MP3 players or headphones that will fit comfortably inside a helmet? prefer one that also had an FM tuner also.

thanks

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I am using a cheap ondio fm, about $90, had to get a pair of koss or kosh or something like that ear buds from kmart, ran me another $15. they sound great, and so long as the batteries are rechargable its all pretty cheap (the thing will go throu 3 AAA in a day).
The only complain about the earbuds is that they fall out when i take the helmet off.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ever think of a mini-disk player? My buddy has one and he really likes it.:2cents:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried rigging something once. I had too make the volume so high to overcome the wind noise that when I stopped and the wind noise was gone, I realized it was probably causing ear damage it was so loud. Too distracting anyway. Maybe when they invent a quiet helmet.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Snake said:
I tried rigging something once. I had too make the volume so high to overcome the wind noise that when I stopped and the wind noise was gone, I realized it was probably causing ear damage it was so loud. Too distracting anyway. Maybe when they invent a quiet helmet.
Same with me. I had the music so loud that it was making my ears crackle, which probably wasn't good.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually forgot that my Dell Axim has a headphone jack. I bought some sony earbuds from wal-mart that work good. Just a little aggrivating unless I am going on a long ride.

I would actually like to get something that has an FM tuner so that I could listen to the news and such in the morning.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use a mini-disc player, it's pretty awesome. Like an MP-3 player, except it can be recorded with ALL forms of media (digital and analog) and the discs and cheap and can be changed with one hand - a huge bonus for long trips.

I use a pair of sony plugs. They function as earplugs as well as headphones, and I can hear all forms of music, including light stuff at 2/3's volume on the player. Great setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts