Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of picking up a couple motocycle magazines. I did a quick search on here but didn't find anything good. My parents get tons, but they ride HD's so they are no help to me. I was wondering if their are any good mags for sportbikes? Which do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
There very few..

T.W.O. (Two Wheels Only).
The best. If they like bike they will tell you, if they dislike it or it has major problems they will just come out and say exactly what it is wrong. It British, so the prices are all in pounds. But there bikes comparison are second to none. Sometimes Barnes & Nobles has them. If you want to stay in the U.S., Sportrider is also very through, but not as good.
The bad news is T.W.O is about $9 to $10 a copy at the newstand. Subscription is about $70 a year with the discount online.
If you like bling then Super Streetbike is okay.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I always pick up a copy of SSB Super Street Bike. Its always good for cool custom and stunting pics. But if you want something more serious try Cycle World.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

My preference is to purchase at the newsstand when there are specific articles of interest. My clear favorites are Motorcyclist, Cycle World, and Sport Rider.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Cycle World

Yes, exactly what Blue Jays said. You can subscribe to these mags for about $10/year. A really good deal considering the newstand price is $4/issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fast bikes, Superbikes (both British mags), Sport rider, Roadracing World, Motorcyclist! I have been a Sportrider fan since their first issue best general coverage in the US. Roadracing world has great tech articles and bike/tire tests, good as a resource, Motorcyclist will keep the pulse on most other things two wheeled. The Brit magazines aren't afraid to be alittle un- Politically Correct and are full of incredible photography (including a topless lass or two which don't hurt it at all)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good deal on magazines... ebay

I have started purchasing all my magazine subscriptions from eBay. Almost two years ago I got a Windsurfing magazine for $9 for a 3 year subscription.

Yesterday I purchased a 3 year subscription to Motorcyclist for $8.95. You have to find the Buy It Now deals that don't charge extra for shipping. I could not find Sport Rider, my other favorite, and Cycle World is $11.95 for a 3 year sub. ($9 for 2 years, $7 for one year).

The way I looked at it originally, was as long as I got one year of the promised 3 year sub I'd be happy, since at $10 - $12 it is still a really good deal. The magazines I have purchased are still showing up and I am on my second year of my subscription.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts