Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you guys have read my earlier post about my bike getting run over in my apartment's parking lot, but here's some follow up and I want some opinions.

Anyway, out of the almost $4000 worth of damage, some of the parts are on "indefinite back order" by the supplier that my mechanic uses. So here's what he wants to do.....

There's a salvage yard that wants to buy my bike. So combined with the check I got for repairs and what the salvage yard is offering, my mechanic is offering to basically take it in the shorts and give me a brand new replacement. Sounds fine and good to me, but I'll be takin it in the shorts by not having all my aftermarket parts that I put on it. You guys think I should just quit my complaining and take the bike, or should I wait?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Sorry about your bike. That really freaking sucks.

I guess the answer to your question is another question.
Would you rather wait "indefinitely" or would you rather ride?
Good luck in whatever you decide. :)

Omega
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Unless you have thousands invested in engine work, I would take the new bike. Think of it a blank canvas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made up my mind........I'm doing it. Called Brian today and confirmed everything. SOOOOO, hopefully next week I'll be back on two wheels. Guess I need to pull out that credit card again....LMAO
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top