Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning a RV trip to Laguna, I need one more rider, we're not taking bikes though.

cost per person is 260.00 (RV,Tickets, Pits) , not including gas, parking, beer, food........

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hey, I go every year, but I may be riding my bike down depending on how much time I have (usually ride down). We should keep this thread alive to see if some of us from all parts can meet up at WSB. That would be great.

You guys are going to be in the RV campground area up on the hill (to the right after you go thru the main security booth)?

I will likely stay in Monterey or Pacific Grove.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
fuster said:
We should keep this thread alive to see if some of us from all parts can meet up at WSB. That would be great.
Done...:D

I'll be going, but were all riding down. I'd defin. like to hook up with some fell SBW members. :D :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
:drool: Oh you lucky mofo's:D What I would do to go to that. Do they let people go out on that track and ride when there is no events going on? I have this track on Gran Turismo 3 (PS2 game). It's my favorite track.

I live in Texas so the ride would be a little long for me.:D :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Saturday night, Cannery Row. Have to go there. Leave races by 4:30 to get a parking spot for your bike on "The Row".

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'll be there, camping at the track. I'll post more info as the time gets closer.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Check Chat or Daily Rider forums about 6 weeks before the races. Tahoe and a couple others are planning a SBW bbq at the top of the hill one of those nights. Otherwise, we'll all have to don SBW t-shirts or something to try and spot each other on Cannery Row or at the Blue Fin.

Dad wants us to bring the pocketbikes down there this year. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
They have a lap that you can run once but it's one day only. I did it last year on my ninja. Now that I've done it I won't do it again. My b/f and I will be there just for the weekend this time. Not sure if we will ride the bikes or take the truck with his bike in the back to ride back and forth to the races. But we will be there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suka, why don't you want to do the lap again, wasn't it awesome to go around that circuit, or did they limit your speed.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Hehe

elo said:

Dad wants us to bring the pocketbikes down there this year. ;)
You should see if you can run the pocket bike on the parade lap, THAT would be hilarious!:D

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like the idea of sporting some snazzy SBW shirts or maybe an unusual hat :D

When we get closer to the event, I'll try and coordinate with a few other folks to do a gathering a "toast to the racers". Depending on anticipated attendance, a bbq may be in the offing as well. I do like to cook and we have pretty good access to beef around here. Eat Beef, 'cause the West wasn't won on salad.

See you at Sears and/or Laguna.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bakersfield, CA has 25-30 people and 5 camping spots allready bought and paid for! We can't wait! 2 toy haulers and 2 rv's, still looking for the 5th. everybody is welcome to come and join us! Last year was a blast! As you can see, me and Nicky's bike got along a little to well.:p

·
Registered
38 Posts
what to do!!

I know the chances are very high of SOMEONE rippin' me a new one for asking this ....but I am gonna go for it anyway:eek:
Would someone who wants a bike but doesn't have one yet and if that wasn't enough has NO friends who are interested in ridin' (can you imagine?:eek: )
could this person possibly enjoy going to Laguna in july....even if that meant going alone?:eek:
be honest I can take it:D
Nico;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: what to do!!

GIJane said:
I know the chances are very high of SOMEONE rippin' me a new one for asking this ....but I am gonna go for it anyway:eek:
Would someone who wants a bike but doesn't have one yet and if that wasn't enough has NO friends who are interested in ridin' (can you imagine?:eek: )
could this person possibly enjoy going to Laguna in july....even if that meant going alone?:eek:
be honest I can take it:D
Nico;)
living where you do, you shouldnt have any probs finding riding buds:D And dont be afraid to ask questions, thats why we are all members.;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
GIJane:
If you want to get a taste of racing before Laguna, Sears Point is hosting the AMA Superbike series the first weekend in May. The classic races are the last weekend in April. It's a good opportunity to see a variety of riding activities and meet folks. Sears & Laguna tend to draw all the sport riders from the Bay Area, so you're sure to meet some locals.

A good friend will be at both events who's from San Jose, so feel free to visit and chat. At Sears Point, there will be a group of us up at the premium RV sites #'s 26-31 (yes a big group) and we're using that location for a SBW "meet 'n greet"...likely a BBQ too. Just look for the crazy hats :D

BTW if you have your bike license already, come to Sears on Friday May 3rd and bring your helmet. There will be demo rides from BMW, Triumph and Aprilia (tentitive) They take you on a nice 22 mile loop through the Napa Valley. A great chance to try some new machinery. They run the demos all weekend, but Friday's the quiet day and you get to try more bikes.

Stop on by!

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you

Dude ....I will be at Sears fo so :D especially the BBQ:p
When would be the best day to bring some potato salad for everyone at the Q... sat or sun?
Thank you for the advice and friendly info..
I appreciate that.;)

But I am still waiting for an excuse to use the angry redman givin' the finger....I love him!!!:D
Does any crazy hat apply or does it need to be a specific crazy hat?:D

Nico;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts