Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me'n AZDaisy went for a ride up in the Arizona mountains - she on her new (to her) '01 6R, and me on my 10R.

Here's us, posing for the camera:

Here's the bikes side-by-side:

And, here's us getting ready to go:

Not sure why the pics won't post as pics?

cdma2k

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I tried a few times to post em as pics too, but no luck. :(

Cool pics though!:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
That was one of the funnest rides EVER. The 10R is a gorgeous machine. So small and nimble. The power of the engine makes it sound more like a turbine engine than a bike engine. Beautiful. I have a Yoshimura pipe on mine so it growls and makes the ^r look sadly unrefined next to Dave's litre beast!

But all envy aside, I am thrilled with my bike and I couldn't be happier. Maybe in a few years I might be able to handle a 10 as well ;)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
AZDaisy said:
That was one of the funnest rides EVER. The 10R is a gorgeous machine. So small and nimble. The power of the engine makes it sound more like a turbine engine than a bike engine. Beautiful. I have a Yoshimura pipe on mine so it growls and makes the ^r look sadly unrefined next to Dave's litre beast!

But all envy aside, I am thrilled with my bike and I couldn't be happier. Maybe in a few years I might be able to handle a 10 as well ;)
When did you get the bike? How does it shift under hard acceleration?
I have read that the gear box, and the gear setup on that bike are the worst seen in years!
Glad you had a fun and safe ride though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Coco,

I have a 2000 ZX6R. I got it on Friday! The shifting under high accelleration is phenomenal. I had to adjust the suspension because the bike had no idea there was anyone on it so when I took turns pretty deep and grabbed a bump or unevenness in the pavement I didn't get the flexibility I should have. It's just wonderful. The shifting is so smooth that it makes me feel like I've had that bike forever. I had my other bike for 9 months and never ONCE did I even come close to having the confidence and maneuverability I have with my new one. I'm just so happy beyond words!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dude? Are you selling an F2? How much are you selling it for. My husband wants a new bike like YESTERDAY and I adore the F2. It would be like the best week EVER in the history of both of our formally unfulfilling lives! Please please! Sell it to us!

·
Registered
145 Posts
And we can go riding next weekend regardless of whether you sell it to me or not. I want to go out again! And you gotta see Dave's bike!

·
Registered
363 Posts
yo nick are we gonna ride sunday or not......

how about you azdaisy????

anyone post up or PM...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I missed the last few posts, guys, was out riding every chance I could.

I now have 1460 miles on the bike, and it's sort of like being perched on the nose cone of an Atlas rocket when you open the throttle.

To whomever asked, the transmission is perfect - no problems whatsoever. My only beef is the tach, and the relatively spongy feel of the brakes (but not their power).

I can go for a quick ride in the early morning Saturday - anyone up for the Tortilla Flat run or out to the Salt River Canyon?

Daisy, did you get the hubby the F2? I'll be in Chicago this week - you can email or PM me, or call the cell.

cdma2k

1 - 20 of 24 Posts