Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her drivers license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
interesting, though it is very hard to live by ya know, many people have a sense that they want to do things their way no matter what IE: china town, or polish hill......ya know it is a shame that it is coming to this, but i do completly understand what you are saying........o well things must change sometime ya know, things never stay the same forever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,148 Posts
Maniac's R1 said:

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
Just don't come to Canada. We got enough of your draft-dodging, liberal long-hairs back when 'Nam was goin' on.:p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Maniac's R1 said:
...If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
WTF?!

Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Or freedom not to be religious?

If this guy goes off on a tirade because of some driver's license photo, he's got other things to worry about.

Wonder if he eats chinese food.

Intolerant morons like that make me sad to be an American. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
Re: Re: God Bless America

scotty said:



Intolerant morons like that make me sad to be an American. :(
Well I guess you should consider going to another part of the world. :rolleyes:

:p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
This is the dumbest piece of crap I've read in a long time. See ya Amerika, I'm outta here. :finger:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
I hope everyone, American or otherwise, visits the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC. Be sure to read what IS carved in stone. Perhaps one of the most profound changes in this country's fabric was based upon Scripture and it cost countless lives to ultimately be put in place.

Freedom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Quick like Tree

Maniac's R1 said:
We're better off without you since you can't even spell the best damn place to live correctly!:twofinger
You're saying there are no other good places to live correctly? How does one live correctly?

Irregardless, the guy (whoever wrote the editorial) is still a moron.

Right on, Tahoe!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Read what i wrote slowly and maybe you'll understand!

scotty said:


You're saying there are no other good places to live correctly? How does one live correctly?

I was pointing out the fact that if you can't even spell America then maybe you have no business living here. If you want to leave then do it! It had nothing to do with living correctly. Next time take your time and read it slowly.:rolleyes: And yes in my opinion AMERICA is the BEST GOD DAMN PLACE TO LIVE!:D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Re: Read what i wrote slowly and maybe you'll understand!

Maniac's R1 said:


I was pointing out the fact that if you can't even spell America then maybe you have no business living here. If you want to leave then do it! It had nothing to do with living correctly. Next time take your time and read it slowly.:rolleyes: And yes in my opinion AMERICA is the BEST GOD DAMN PLACE TO LIVE!:D :D :D
I know what you meant, Maniac, I was just busting your chops on your grammar.:twofinger

And I have a strong inkling that Rug Burn misspelled "America" to prove a point. Sheesh, why do I bother?:rolleyes:;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't we all just get alone?

scotty said:


I know what you meant, Maniac, I was just busting your chops on your grammar.:twofinger

And I have a strong inkling that Rug Burn misspelled "America" to prove a point. Sheesh, why do I bother?:rolleyes:;) :D
I know scotty. :) Just wanted to send a little back to you. :twofinger Its all in good fun!:D What would the world be without a sense of humor:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
As a Christian, I like the "In God We Trust" paragraph, but I suspect the atheists and agnostics might not.

I guess my point is that the country was also founded upon tolerance , and those kind of articles have a valid point but also suggest a kind of intolerance that we have spent decades, if not a couple of centuries, defining and protecting citizens against, and our Constitution guarantees those kind of protections.

But I think a drivers license should show the person's face, regardless of their culture. That is not an intolerance thing, it is an identification thing. What happens if a cop has to do a photo montage for witness identification. I can see it now: "Does the perpetrator look like any of these veiled faces? Just pick one...." :p
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top