Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The color of my gloves is fading. How can i stop this or restore original color? The gloves a re black. Palm side is fine its the top which is turning grey.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I usually spray my gloves with some leather water/stain repellant. I didn't spray one pair and they faded, but the pair that I did spray are fine. Hope this helps.

------------------

·
Registered
405 Posts
I always spray my gloves too but after 5 or 6 months they always start to fade. I do not know if there is anyway around it.

------------------
Dave
Too many curves...so little time

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The palm of my gloves wears out quicker than the back. Well, actually it's just the left glove... Uh, nevermind

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Are you sure they are your gloves? Maybe they belong to OJ.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Registered
167 Posts
A friend of mine picked up a free sample of some goop called Pecard Motorcycle Leather Dressing at a rally and gave it to me. I tried it on an old but still fully functional pair of gloves that had faded considerably. They now look almost like new. Better, actually, because they have that broken-in look, but the dressing restored the new-leather sheen and makes the colors look more like they did originally.

I think the stuff's pricey. Don't know exactly since I didn't pay for it. Other leather dressings may also go a long way toward restoring the looks of your gloves.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i used something called Tana saddle soap. Its supposed to clean and condition leather. So far im impressed with it. Gloves look way better. Not brand new, but color looks black again and leather isnt dried out like before. Got taurus wax from bike shop. looks and smells like mink oil. this is supposed to make leather waterproof and moisterize it. let you know what6 happenes.
Tana Saddle soap $5CDN
Taurus wax(mink oil) $5CDN
Both can be baught in shoe stores.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts