Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
both great bikes (IMHO)...

Not sure if the R6 comes with the steering damper, but the gixxer has a stock one (and its not bad actually)...

I'd see which one is more comfortable in terms of seating position and go from there.

My 2c =)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
there is a guy selling an 06 r6. MINT!!! akra full system, steering damper, and a few more goodies. check out 1000rr.net, and just do a search in the for sale section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was actually looking at the same two bikes (well, the 600R) today and was able to sit on them side by side. One thing that I noticed right away was the shifter on the R6 was too high for me. I had to really pull my toes up to get on top of the shifter whereas on the gixxer it was a natural position. Not sure if the peg or shifter could be adjusted or not and salesperson couldn't answer that question. I decided on the gixxer, so now just looking for the best deal.

Glenn

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Sixxer, my Bro in law has a R6. I like the lines of the GSX-R far better, I like the incorporated turn signals and the seat in my opinion is a lot more comfy stock. Mine is an '05 and his is an '04. The GSX-R sits more natural to me.

Notice How I am saying ME, ME, ME. Get the point. It's really what's comfortable to YOU. Don't worry about power, and speed, these newer 600's are outrageous on the power scale for their size. I am looking to step up to a 1000 just because the wife likes to ride along, and we plan on taking really long trips, so it would be nice to have a little more low end torque.

Go with what you want, the spec's on these bikes are already crazy for the price.

Ohh on a side note. Suzuki's come with the Passanger cowl if you like the look. Yamaha's you have to buy it seperate. As well as the dampner. I think you get more bang for you buck out of suzuki if its comfortable to YOU.

·
Registered
272 Posts
golfinglenn said:
I was actually looking at the same two bikes (well, the 600R) today and was able to sit on them side by side. One thing that I noticed right away was the shifter on the R6 was too high for me. I had to really pull my toes up to get on top of the shifter whereas on the gixxer it was a natural position. Not sure if the peg or shifter could be adjusted or not and salesperson couldn't answer that question. I decided on the gixxer, so now just looking for the best deal.

Glenn
The shifter is adjustable on most every bike, and its fairly simple to do, as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is what I figured. Some of the other factors that swayed my decision was color, asthetics, feel, etc. I don't think you could go wrong with either bike, just personal preference.

Glenn

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
As firefox said the gear change lever can be adjusted & the same with the brake pedal, to the clutch & brake levers. Those are just set-ups by the shop & rest is to personal taste.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much faster is the gsxr, i no a lot has to do with the rider and what not, but is it much faster or just a lil
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts