Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
my gf wants to get a pink helmet :rolleyes: but i figure whatevs... the only cheap "decent" brands that have pink helmets are AFX and HJC... We're looking to spend <100$ on one, but a little more is okay too.. anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Suggestions? Here's one: spend as much as you can afford. That's your girl's HEAD inside that farkin' thing!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
don't go cheap, but get something that is comfortable yet snug. Everyone's gourd is shaped a little different so check out a few different brands to see which one fits the best. Like Vash said, shoei is a good brand, but there are others out there that offer great quality as well. shop around and you'll find the right one for her.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
...Everyone's gourd is shaped a little different so check out a few different brands to see which one fits the best...
Wise words. Mrs Tree and I spent AGES going to different shops to try different brands / models. Turns out we've got the same shape heads, so we've both got Shoei XR-1000's. Don't know what they retail for over there, but they cost around AUD$600 here.

Don't even bother looking at all the pretty colours and patterns until you've tried on several different brands / models to find her best fit.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Don't even bother looking at all the pretty colours and patterns until you've tried on several different brands / models to find her best fit.
I'd like to emphasize this point so it doesn't get lost. Each manu makes a different model which often means that besides the change in features, they often change the shape, so even if the first of a particular brand doesn't fit or feel comfy, she should try on another model from the same manufacturer.

A comfortable helmet becomes one that's worn.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree with that, my suomy spec 1r was pretty tight when i first got it but now it fits perfect. Of the helmets shes tried on at shops shes kinda stuck between a S and a M in shoei, hjc... and a medium in an arai helmet. So i think we'll keep looking around for the time being

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
try on as many as it takes. start cheap and work your way up. whatever she feels good wearing for hours on the back of a bike in heat. Maybe the more you spend on the helmet, the more she will rub your helmet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,
my gf wants to get a pink helmet :rolleyes: but i figure whatevs... the only cheap "decent" brands that have hid headlight kits pink helmets are AFX and HJC... We're looking to spend <100$ on one, but a little more is okay too.. anyone have suggestions?
I bought my girl a white one, but she was kind of pissed knowing I spent $800 on mine but only $100 on hers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finding helmet is not a hard task and you can easily found it on any online store. Whatever kind of helmet you want, whether it is pink or black or any other colour or any brand, it is available on internet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it is definitely worth the time, and money, it takes to find the a helmet that fits well and provides good protection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts