Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
Sounds like a good opportunity for people to show their class. Some radio or news personalities should pick this up and run with it. :thumb:
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
I saw a lot of weird shit on that exact same commute (I drove it for a year and a half), but flying money was not one of them. If it is the Pittsburgh Police handling it, good luck making ANY progress, they are lazy fucks, IMHO of course. Also, the residents in that area are...less than desirable. He won't get anything back. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
Damn man that sux!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
I can't imagin what that guy must have felt the moment he realized what happened:jawdrop::barf2::barf2::barf2::barf2:
I really hope that the people of Pitsburgh have some integrity... though I do have to say I wished it'd rain money on my commute!!;) :D :D
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Dad said:
Pittsburgh or Pittsburg?:confused: ;)
I dunno, I always tried to drive fast enough through there to not be able to read the sign. :twofinger :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
does that suck? yes.

do i feel bad for him? kinda sort of, but not really.

those stupid enough to go anywhere with that much cash deserves a slap upside the head. tellers checks are $1.50 if you can come up with 75 $100 bills then an extra $1.50 shouldn't be too hard.

sorry. no sympathy here. yes, sucks to be him and no i hope it never happens to me or anyone else and i would not wish it upon anyone. but come on people, what ever happened to common sense?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
Folks could still show their class and return the money. If stupidity was the criteria, we'd all be broke.:p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
monkey & I think alike on this one. All he had to do was write a cheque when at his Mothers place & if he did not have an account that accepted cheques then a certified cheque or tellers cheque in his wallet would have done the trick. Guess he just wanted to sort of surprise her with all the money ------ but then look at who was surprised.

Unfortunately money flying around is basically "finders keepers" to most people.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Integrity and class are not two things I would say the people I met in California in that area are plagued with. This is not saying all Californians are lying cheating bastards, so don't take offense if you are from there. I know of a few decent human beings there. :laughing:

Back on topic, my wife is friends with a few officers in Concord and Antioch, the surrounding towns, and they say the majority of crimes committed in the area are by people in Pittsburg (happy about the spelling now Dad? :twofinger). I just think this guy has a better chance of getting a job in todays market than he does of getting his money back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
spicersh said:

Back on topic, my wife is friends with a few officers in Concord and Antioch, the surrounding towns, and they say the majority of crimes committed in the area are by people in Pittsburg (happy about the spelling now Dad? :twofinger).
Apparently there's a big difference. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
monkey said:
does that suck? yes.

do i feel bad for him? kinda sort of, but not really.

those stupid enough to go anywhere with that much cash deserves a slap upside the head. tellers checks are $1.50 if you can come up with 75 $100 bills then an extra $1.50 shouldn't be too hard.
How about just zipping up the jacket! I've carried large amounts of cash at various times...but I make sure it isn't flapping in the breeze! If you were carrying 7 large, wouldn't you take a little care with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
I'd shit my pants if more than 3 people turned some of his money in.

When I went to buy my bike, i had 35 $100's in my pocket. I was freakin terrified the whole time. But you can be damn sure i was holding on to that cash with an iron grip, not letting it flap in the breeze.
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Smitty said:
monkey & I think alike on this one. All he had to do was write a cheque when at his Mothers place & if he did not have an account that accepted cheques then a certified cheque or tellers cheque in his wallet would have done the trick. Guess he just wanted to sort of surprise her with all the money ------ but then look at who was surprised.

Unfortunately money flying around is basically "finders keepers" to most people.
That makes three of us. Does, indeed, suck to be him.

And yes, stupidity is the criteria, but the degree is what impoverishes the truly stupid. That fits into the Darwin threory for me.

Everytime I ride with a simple garage door opener I'm freaked about losing it out of a pocket. Carrying that much cash is plain insane, and not zipping it is a capital crime against common sense. Paranoia: its my best friend.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
kanwisch said:
...Paranoia: its my best friend.
Especially when there are so many of us all out there specifically to get you.:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
spicersh said:
Especially when there are so many of us all out there specifically to get you.:twofinger
Which reminds me, I can't make it to the "get kanwisch" meeting this week. Just let me know what you decide to do about that thing we talked about. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Tippmann said:
Which reminds me, I can't make it to the "get kanwisch" meeting this week. Just let me know what you decide to do about that thing we talked about. ;)
will do tipp. be sure to check your pm's thursday for instructions.
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Looks like its time to invest in another dog. Perhaps another Belgian Malinois with police training. The trick will training to ride on the back of a bike. Come and get me you bastages! :finger:
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top