Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be the first.

I'm 31, was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. You do know New Jersey right, home of Ruthless Tactics? At the age of 13 my father moved us to Puerto Rico. My parents divorced and my mother remarried. My mothers husband was the one that got me into riding bikes at the age of 15, been riding since. At the age of 19 I moved to Arizona. It wasn't till last year that I discovered stunting. I had seen stunting in Mission Impossible 2, but didn't really know it was an art till one day I was in a Honda shop looking for a part and saw some movies on the shelf with people doing what I had seen in MI2 and I ask the clerk witch movie was good and they pointed out to me Set It Off by D'Aces. I'll tell you what, I had the biggest hard-on ever. I mean, the shit I was seeing was unreal. Since that point on I was hooked. Now I don't stunt myself. But I can surely tell you that I'm one of stuntings biggest fans. Quick shout out to some of my favorite stunt teams; Evasive Actions, Reline Extreme, DTE, Core 6, D'Aces, Ruthless Tactics and last but not least, the originators of mayham The Star Boys. Keep up the good work people.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Cool question. :) Well let's see, I'm from Ohio so you know where this is gonna go. :D Anyway, one day a couple years ago my friends were like the Starboyz are gonna be at this dealership that's pretty close we should go. At the time I have no clue who the Starboyz are. Up to this pont I'd seen people pop little wheelies and the occasional stoppie but nothing major. So we go to this dealer and start up the hill and Scott passes me doing the biggest stoppie I have ever seen in my life. :eek: He was like 3 feet from me!!! Ever since I've been hooked, LVX, Starboyz, XXX, I don't care I like em all. Don't get me wrong I love touching pegs down in the twisties too, but MAN I love to stunt. :D Am I good at it? No, lol, but I can do pretty decent wheelies and stoppies, I now some people both here in Ohio, and in Pittsburgh that REALLY need to get it together and make a video though. :eek: Stunting is like an addiction to me I'm always like I can go a little further or I can get a little higher this time. ;) :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, let's see I got my first bike when I was 16 a KLR 250, then went to a 94 Yamaha Seca 2. I bought my first street bike a month before I turned 17, a 2002 GSXR 600M. I've got to keep this short because I'm still at school, yes HIGH SCHOOL, lol. I just turned 18, Jan. 1 and all I'm trying to do is get my scrape on, lol. I love to ride and love to stunt even though when I first bought my bike I didn't plan on stunting it. I had one of the best looking bikes around, but that changed when I started stuntin. Wassup to all you stunters out there, and Shout out to POB, wassup Coop, Tim. Pat. Well the bell just rang, lol.
Later,
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn, almost forgot. Hot chicks are impressed by my wheelie skills. :D LoL, don't know how I could have left that out in my original post. Seriously though have you noticed how some people, generally chicks around my age (early 20s), kids, and guys having mid life crisis predominantly, LOVE when you stunt by em. Little kids always go nutty, I've had chicks nearly fall down trying to get turned around to see me, and I invariably get at least one thumbs up sometime during the day from the guys. :D That, I think, is why I stunt, to show those people something cool they don't see everyday. Of course you have to deal with the assholes that want to think they're cops too. I wish I had a dollar for every self proclaimed cop I've run into that runs their mouth about the way I ride. Pleaassseeeee, run along back to your mall security job now. :twofinger I've also noticed that Hardley riders tend to not be the best fans of stunting, oddly enough I had one of them claim to be a cop too. ;) It's like damn buddy make up your mind, do you want to be badass hardley biker or law abiding police officer, pick an image and stick with it for gods sake. :p See what happens when I'm bored I sit and ramble about nothing. :(

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Doogie said:
..., I now some people both here in Ohio, and in Pittsburgh that REALLY need to get it together and make a video though. :eek: ...
Doogie, I think you must be talking about me, and that night we were all coming from Quker Stake.:D We are currently forming a group and in the process of the video footage. We have a few clips of some good standies, but once 50+ degrees hits, it is on. Only a few of us right now, but if you know anybody that has the skills in our area, let me know.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sweet!!! I don't have a helmet cam, but I've devised a way to get my camcorder on the tank so if you don't mind I'd like to head out with you guys when you go. :D As for dudes here in Ohio, yeah I know a few, but they're all the way down in St.Clairsville. :eek: I think one of the dudes parents own A&B Suzuki down in Bridgeport or something. They're SICK though, they do lots of combos, even bustin out the 12 o clocks. :eek: :eek: The one dude was doing like 300 foot stoppies. THey're pretty damn good. I'm sure I'll hook up with them again in the spring I'll float the idea past them and see what they think. My skills are still weak, lol, but about 100000 times better than when I was out with you guys this past summer. ;) Last summer was BAD, I was just learning standups then. :( Plus I'm doing the 520 conversion and changing my gearing around so that'll make my life easier. :D

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Nice...... We actually just got a helmet cam. You are more than welcome to come along and get in on the action. Do you still live in Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup, shadyside. Hopefully by mid summer I'll be somewhere in the west suburbs though, downtown traffic kills me. :( My bike is usually in Ohio at my parents house, but shit that's only like 25 miles or so away. I just hate bringing it up to Pittsburgh because it seems like no matter how cool of a road you find there's always tons of traffic. And tons of cops. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me

Hey peeps. I'm new here and to riding in general. In fact, I don't even ride yet (shhhhhhh, don't tell everyone j/k). But yeah, hopefully I'll be riding within a couple of months (need a job to pay for the bike and insurance). I'm going to buy my sisters boyfriends GSX-R 500 and learn to ride (if I can sell my parents on it, which won't be easy because my mom thinks motorcycles are the devil). Well, to my history. I was born in S.F. California in '86. Moved to Arizona when I was like two. Got into cars when I was 14. Started working on cars when I was 14. Dad got a 2001 Kawa Vulcan 500 when I was 15 and tinkered on that for a while. Started driving when I was 15. Sister got a boyfriend that rode (the one I'm hopefully going to buy the bike from) when I was 16. Started reading forums and learning about bikes. And yesterday I saw a guy pull a wheelie (only for like 50 feet when he was getting off the freeway but still a wheelie) and am hooked now. I can't wait to start riding and getting enough experience so I can try to stunt. Well, that's about it. Keep riding and stunting.

Erik

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Just do yourself a favor and take your time before you try anything. Know your bike and it's limits. Don't just romp on the gas and expect everything to be ok. play with it.:D Know your bike before you do anything

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'm 26, i live in chandler, and more of a stunt fan right now...aint ridden in a number of years due to a violent crash...but i'm back now and just picked up a cherry f2 with only 6600 miles on it...i wanna get a little more comfortable on her before trying to learn to bring the front end up...but i'm gettin' ancy...also kinda skurred to drop it...damn thing looks brand new...pretty much discovered stunting about a year ago watching my friend preston...thought it was cool, but then after seeing the starboyz website about a few months ago i think i'm addicted...that shit is so fresh...i can't wait to start.

·
Registered
230 Posts
just another freak

I'm 22, born in Columbus, Ohio. Just moved back home to Athens, Ohio from 2 1/2 years in Phoenix, AZ. I'm a graduate of Motorcycle Mechanics Insititute of Phoenix, Now turning wrenches at Athens Sport Cycles. So if anyones ever in the area feel free to stop in and say was up. I've been riding in the dirt scince I was 11(racing and freestyle), and on the street scince age 16. Far as stunting goes I have to say it was becoming friends with Big Dave Sonsky of Starboyz fame that turned me onto it. After getting tips from Dave and Jon Lester and Dustin Apgar of somethang fierce it's been no looking back. I'm not a pro stunter by any means, but I can hold my own with most people I've ridden with. Currently I'm forced to set on the stunting sidelines due to injuries from my last big meeting with Mr. Asphalt. To fill the spare time void I've gotten back involved with dirt track car racing. It's not quite stunting but it still gives me my adrenaline fix. Well the rest is just history and boring details, so thats gonna wrap it up. Lates....

·
Registered
636 Posts
Athens Sprt Cycle?? Get the f%^& out of here, lol, I called down there about a YZ250 you guys had for sale about a month ago but it was sold already. :( As for stuntin the F2, it's not impossible but it's hard, it's a little heavy and a little underpowered i used to have one. It'll get most basic stunts done for you though. If not I'll sell you a 2001 R6 cheap. ;) I think I'm taking this season off to try and get my finances (and driving record) back in order so there'll be no stuntin stories from me this year. :crying:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Why did I start stunting....let's see.....because it's the SHIZNIPPITYSNAP!!

All the guys I ride/rode with do it, but what really got me started was the first StarBoyz video (2 1/2). THen I started riding with a crew and that and racing was all we did. The first time I rode a long wheelie I was hooked.

I just got the bike back yesterday and am a little tentative as of yet to do them because the bike just isn't running right. But once it gets the jet kit, it's back to one wheel riding.

Plus, chicks love it.........."so I've got that going for me........which is nice."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 28 and from middle tennessee been riding since 98, never even looked twice at a bike until I started dating this guy who had a harley- I liked riding but being on the back sucked rocks so I bought an 1996 Rebel. That got real boring, real quick so I talked a friend out of his 88 600 'Cane and have had it ever since.
i have a serious urge to do some stunting but really don't want to trash my bike , am thinking about the new 600RR and if i get it i will turn the 'cane into the stunt bike, I shouldn't have ANY problems getting the front end off the ground as there are times I have to lean on the tank hard to keep her on two wheels when I gouge on it hard.;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry bout your luck with the bike Doogie, but yeah thats where I'm at. Might of actualy talked to me at some point in time, I started working the parts counter and answering the phones before being moved to service. If your still looking I can let you know if I find something for a good price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts