Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I will be doing my first trackday next month in Willow Springs, CA (CA Superbike School) and I'm wondering what the best way to get my bike to and from the track would be. A few people suggested a Uhaul pickup truck (I drive an audi a4 w/ no hitch) and I'm wondering if it will be safe to just use tie-downs and no front wheel lock..?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Invest in a Baxley sport chock, and rent a pick up. With the bike in the Baxley, and your tie downs, the bike is secure, and you have a place to carry the rest of your stuff for the track day, i.e., EZup, gas cans, fan, ice chests, tools, gear, etc. Otherwise, post up on the boards to see if someone else from your area is going to the same event, and see if they can take your bike in their trailer or truck. Perhaps you can pit with them as well. It's always a good idea to have a buddy for a track event, just in case. You can share costs as well.

You'll have a great time, meet lots of nice people, and learn a lot. Utilize the track coaches and control riders if they don't have classroom instruction for novice riders.

Big thing to remember - BREATHE, and ride within your skill set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree with Looni2ns. Baxley chock is the best. It also works in the garage (earthquake...). If you go alone, ask for help unloading. Anyone there would help you, and it's safer. Best people you'll ever meet.

Agree BREATHE! Have fun, remember there's no prizes for riding too fast to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts