·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a 6'2 guy 220lbs

2 relatively cheap choices available to me:

99 VTR Superhawk

02 Buel Blast

I haven't ridden in 2 years. Ready to get back in the fray. I know that i'll get tired of the buel in about 2 days but it would be back to basics with a foundation . The hawk is a torque monster V-twin but thats what I am used to riding riding from back in the day. Would you reccommend going right back to a Twin? My head is spinning with all the bike choices out there. HELP! :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I got the hawk and love every minute of it. That bike truly is underrated. It's a ton of fun, and with some aftermarket cans, it is one of the meanest sounding machines on the road.

James

I dont like the blast, cuz its a buell, and that sportster engine probably will shake all the bolts right off.

·
Registered
518 Posts
two entirely different bikes...unless you are a newbie, you'll be bored to tears on the blast. i'm not knocking the blast, but it's definitely a beginner bike. the hawk is definitely NOT a beginner bike, and those who own them love them! are these the only two choices? there are a ton of great bikes in between. I'd say, split the difference with an SV650 suzuki. you won't be bored or intimidated! just my $.02

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
If you are not a complete newbie, I would avoid the Blast. Its good for getting the basics down like coordination, getting used to the feel/weight of a bike, but if you are already familiar with these things then you don't need a Blast. Also, I am about your size and I have a Blast (bought it for my fiancee who now rides my old F4), it wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world for ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts