Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I got a good deal or what.
Its 2001 Honda CBR929 with 3500 miles, full scorpion exhaust, yellow undertail with brakes and blinkers, yellow tire hugger, and double bubble windscreen. Never been dropped, no scratches, only a tiny dent in the tank. Looks great, sounds sweet!
The dealer was asking 7900, but the owner is a family friend so he gave it to me for what he gave back in a trade-in for it. $6500, ~$6950 after taxes. I think thats a pretty sweet deal IMO!
Whatdya think?? Ill post some pics of it when I pick it up this weekend.

·
Registered
199 Posts
the bike

don't stress bro. you got a deal. the bike has low miles and good mods to match:thumb: think of it like this. if you added up the cost of all the mods that would be like $1500. that you saved. thats pimp.
do your self a favor and get a PCIII and have the bike tuned. you'll get more power.

congratulations;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,..... i kind figured it was a good deal. Especially like you said, MR.954, with all the extra mods, i saved. Definitely becuase I was planning on doing those exact mods except just a D&D slip-on. I used the extra money to buy a RF-900 orbit helmet, spare HJC helmet, cover, xena disc alarm, and a few other things.

I was actually thinking about the PCIII but was wondering if you hooked it up, programmed it, and then disconnect it, or if you hook it up and mount it permanetely. If so, where did most of you guys mount it permanentely? I am wondering if the bike was programmed with one of these cause one of the guys at the dealer said the computer was probably re-programmed after the exhaust? Also...where can I pick one of these up for the cheapest prices?

Also...might as well ask most of my questions here....who makes a frame slider for the bike that doesnt require any modification to the frame/plastics?

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's a good deal...I was considering selling mine weeks ago, would have asked around $6500 or so.

I have Intuitive frame and bar sliders on my 929...no cutting required. 29 ft-lbs is the torque setting for the frame slider bolts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I paid 8500 out the door for a new Erion and thought that it was a great deal..you're doing great for the price. The power commander will fit under the seat and you can re-map it for any system that you buy....most custom maps are included with the PCIII, if not then you can get them from the internet easily. Once you disconnect the PCIII, all of your factory settings remain with the ECU.....good luck and enjoy your new bike....

·
Registered
24 Posts
cdaniel525 said:

I was actually thinking about the PCIII but was wondering if you hooked it up, programmed it, and then disconnect it, or if you hook it up and mount it permanetely. If so, where did most of you guys mount it permanentely? I am wondering if the bike was programmed with one of these cause one of the guys at the dealer said the computer was probably re-programmed after the exhaust? Also...where can I pick one of these up for the cheapest prices?

Also...might as well ask most of my questions here....who makes a frame slider for the bike that doesnt require any modification to the frame/plastics?

Thanks!
Chris
The PCIII mounts permanently in order to maintain the fuel mapping. If you disconnect it, your bike returns to factory FI specs. Typically people mount their PC in the trunk which is what's recommended.

I have Intuitive Frame Sliders on my 929. Very easy to install. No need to cut fairing.

BTW, it's an excellent bike!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok...ive gotta know...those of that have 929s do you ever hit WOT in first gear? I cant ever keep the front wheel on the ground to hit WOT, and the highest RPM ive gone was ~10K before I shifted...it just pulls so fackin hard!:D
Serioulsy tho...it rediculous...how am i ever going to be able to drag race the bike? LoL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts