Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a good ride but with an exceptionally high amount of bugs out. I thought it was raining for a second with all the dots in my headlight. Do you guys have any techniques or anything for getting bugs off helmets besides just scrubbin with a wet paper towell or something? Sometimes those things are like glued to the helmet. Or grosser still is my Phoenix Jacket, super jacket but it sucks when bugs manage to cram there way deep into the mesh.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got a solution for the helmet. I use plexus to clean my helmet and it always got the bugs of the shield with no problem. As far as the rest of the helmet, I cleaned it good with plexus then waxed it with turtle wax. After that, the bugs came off very easy with plexus and a rag.

As far as the jacket, I haven't ridden since Feb and I still got bugs on mine. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Plexus is great stuff for the helmet. Try laying a wet rag over helmet/headlight/fairing for a few minutes to re-hydrate the bug guts. This will let you scrub them off easier.

As far as Phoenix jacket, how about spray bugs with water squirter and blow them out from inside with an airhose?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm just gonna say "honda polish". Just because I use it on damn near everything. My fiance uses it to clean her glasses!:D

For visors and windscreens, I would use anything that doesn't have amonia in it; it actually makes teeny tiny scratches in it making the "fog" effect.

:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts