Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any input on head bearings???? I have 54,000 miles on my zx-9r.... and I am fixin to go through my second set.... I don't have a steering stabilizer (getting one), and I do NOT wheelie, although, I do experiance quit a bit of "head shake" and "front wheel" skip, thanks to the awesome power... no complaints, just curious, if anyone has experianced the same problem.........

·
Registered
987 Posts
Art, I generally get 50 - 60k out of a set of steering head bearings, if I lube them at least once every year. That was back in the days of the roller bearings, but I know that they have started using ball bearings again in steering heads. Do you have the roller or ball bearings? Did you ever lube them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure they are ball bearings..... and it's not easily accessable to lube them......... from all the hard braking and wheel skippin, I'm not too suprised that this is the second set I guess....... Like I said, I don't do silly wheelies or stoppies... I love my bike too much, but the tank slappers are from accelerating hard sometimes......... I guess it comes with the territory..... I'm getting a HyperPro steering stabilizer tonight to help alleviate this........ Thanks for your info.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts