Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of Katrina, they had to shut down the big oil refinery....gas is now going up and over $3.20 a gallon! Hubby called and said there is a line going around the block by his work to get 2.57 and they were changing the prices as he was getting gas! It's only going to go up more!:mad:




Jen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Yup, over US$70 barrel now.

We're paying around AUD$1.20 / Litre (US$3.41 / gallon) for Regular Unleaded. The southern states are paying more and I shudder to think what they're paying in the bush!!

Yaaaay for motorbikes! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I paid 2.69 on woodward and 10 mile sunoco. No line, nothing. That three dollar stuff is garbage. The worst part is I still did see some gas stations trying to get 2.89-2.99/ gallon. I thought price gouging is illegal. :wtf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
motownflip said:
I paid 2.69 on woodward and 10 mile sunoco. No line, nothing. That three dollar stuff is garbage. The worst part is I still did see some gas stations trying to get 2.89-2.99/ gallon. I thought price gouging is illegal. :wtf:
yeah still lots out there at that price but after today i think they will all be at that higher price

speedway at 14 mile and utica is $2.55
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Every year it's the same old BS, Refinery Issues and "Summer Blends". First of all, FIX THE FRIGGEN REFINERIES! I remember seeing a map of all the special blends by state a few years ago. You could probably fix this issue by finding the common denominator and just amking that formulation! It's amazing how ridiculous this is getting....We've been lucky over the years to have gas as low as we have. It'll be European pricing in no time!

Justin
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Running out and getting gas before the hike (if there is one) is really not even worth the time. Even on huge tanks, say 40 gallons, going from $2.50/gal to $3.00/gal only costs $20 more. Not that that isn't a lot, but if the prices go up and stay up, that one time savings of $20 isn't going to amount to much. It's like goofy ass people who rush to the store to buy milk and bread anytime a damn snowstorm blows in. If you really want to help yourself out on gas in the event of a hike, the only way to do it is to drive less or use something with better mileage as has been mentioned. Running out to get gas one last time really does little to nothing other than create lines and irritate the shit out of people. :(

I wasn't going to register the Blast until next year, but it's looking better and better all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
local stations are starting to charge $3.15/regular. Yesturday it was hovering around $2.40. Blatant price gouging if you ask me.
As for refineries, dont just fix them, build more of them! I dont think we built a new one since the 70's. Oh no but they pollute! damn eco-freaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spicersh said:
Running out and getting gas before the hike (if there is one) is really not even worth the time. Even on huge tanks, say 40 gallons, going from $2.50/gal to $3.00/gal only costs $20 more. Not that that isn't a lot, but if the prices go up and stay up, that one time savings of $20 isn't going to amount to much. It's like goofy ass people who rush to the store to buy milk and bread anytime a damn snowstorm blows in. If you really want to help yourself out on gas in the event of a hike, the only way to do it is to drive less or use something with better mileage as has been mentioned. Running out to get gas one last time really does little to nothing other than create lines and irritate the shit out of people. :(

I wasn't going to register the Blast until next year, but it's looking better and better all the time.
That would be true.....unless you're gassing up a boat, a couple motorcycles, some jet skis, 4-wheelers and a couple cars. That would be more like $100.00 saved. ;)



Jen
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
That would be true.....unless you're gassing up a boat, a couple motorcycles, some jet skis, 4-wheelers and a couple cars. That would be more like $100.00 saved. ;)



Jen
Not that saving money is bad, but it's still only a one time savings, and compared to the amount you'll spend in total at the higher prices it'll only be a drop in the bucket. :(

I wonder if my company would let me buy some land on-site and build a house....walking is pretty cheap on gas, depending on the previous nights dinner. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I filled up my bike yesterday at the shell in Clarkston right by exit 91 and i payed $ 2.99. I damn near fell off my bike when i seen that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just filled up the bike today in Pontiac (The Loop) for 3.19/gal :eek: ....unreal.:mad: After that, I got caught in the rain....lol It's been a great day! :rolleyes:





Jen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
What pisses me off is that I'm paying 3.00 a gallon for gas that was purchased a week ago. Long before the storm ever hit.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top