Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2006 R6 and it has no power low end the way it sits now. I have been doing some wheelies but I dont like how high I have to rev to get it to come up easy. I found a vortex kit that is 1 down in the front and 2 up in the back with a rk chain. I was wondering if any of you have tried a similar kit, or if that is a good combo for a little added low end power.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I had a +1-2 sprockets on my z1000. The bike jumps up easier, but harder to balance once up, since its much twitchier. If you learn to clutch them well, you wont need the gearing help to lift the front up, but gearing changes will help you go slower on one wheel. However those are most often really high gearing changes, like +10 to +20 rear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put a Vortex -1 front sprocket on my R6 and I noticed quite a bit of difference. Not major, but it is noticeable. Also, I didn't have to replace the stock chain...all good there. Dropping one tooth on the front sprocket is the same as going +3 in the rear.

As was said, however, the more teeth you have on the rear, the more torque you are going to have. I am currently building a stunt bike (02 F4i) and one of the first things that I am doing is going +7 rear and -1 front (works out to the same as +10 rear).

As I am sure you are aware, however, you are going to loose top end speed. What I have seen is that you loose about 10% on top with a +5 and 20% with +10.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
46 Posts
-1,+7 is what I have, and I have only had it for this year, been out on it once, the snap up from clutching the wheelie is great, and the engine brake to slow it down is much better, I was stunting stock, I need a cage for the 600 next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts