Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any reason....
If your frugal, a hobbist, ya want it done right, a racer, track guy, tuner geek, boost freak, Nos lunatic, Dirt rider, sledder, Off road enthusiast, classic car lover....whatever..

Who wrenches?

Tune your bike's suspension, naws your neon, twin turbo your big block, index your spark plugs, degree your cams, Lincoln lock your axle, swap injectors while drinking beer and making a dummy talk, or just diagnose and replace most parts on your daily driver....

POST UP,....BIATCHES:)
Lets hear it.
So far, I know Speedy, Lonnie, Webb, James, Nick, and Judge do...
Who else?:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I do all of my own wrenching and electonics work on my Wrangler if at all possible..

The older I get, the cheaper I get!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I do everything myself...
last year it was tear down, and stretch, polish the frame/swingarm... paint the bike blue...

this year it's a whole new transmission, turbo setup, and paint again...

I love getting lost in the whole thing, and trying to find my way back out...

:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
thats half the fun, theres no way I'm letting some one touch it unless, they have a very good reputation and it's simply somelthing I can't solve myself. Think about it, your going to do 150 on bike that some one else could have messed up a part on, yikes! I trust myself, and no one else. You never know what the hell some idiot guy at the shop might have done for forgot to do.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NateDog said:
Natedog does that's who, and for the right price I might work on your shit too...:twofinger
Nice rhyme.....:)

·
Registered
731 Posts
berettaready8 said:
Thats nothing. I put my own blinker fluid in and lubed the muffler bearings.:twofinger
Just in case you are running low on Blinker Fluid I found this link:
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
The other day my tire pressure was low, and I filled it up all by myself :twofinger
That and fluid / filter changes are about the only things I'm game to do. Oh, and adjust the chain ;).

One of the teachers at Mrs Tree's school used to own a bke shop. He does the rest for me and is kind of teaching me at the same time. :thumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love to work on autos. I am more into the classic muscle cars. I have a 1973 Dodge Charger I am restoring.

All the work on my bike I have done myself.

Lets put it this way if it has 4 or 2 wheels I like to work on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A friend of mine was telling me that with the newer generation bikes (i guess like 2000 and up) it is becoming more difficult to actually work on your on bike. Is this true being as though the auto industry is kind of leaning that way or is it just as easy as ever to work on your on bike??

·
Registered
798 Posts
I do most of my stuff. if it gets more technical i have a buddy who graduated from MMI and works at a local shop. If you guys need any stuff done or need help with PM me for his number.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i do all my own work on the bikes, the car or the montero sport, but unless it is needed rite now i have a tendency to put it off considering i work as a tech in a dealership and at the end of the day or on the weekend i really dont want to turn wrenches, been doing it for about 25 years, ASE master, nissan master and mitsubishi tech spec, working twards master. plus my best friend own a sports shop and when i need to work on the bikes i just ride over and pull it in his shop and do it there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts