• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SilentNEKO said:
is this for all gear or just leathers, I use mesh
I had leathers specifically in mind... in other words that same requirements as your average track day organization.

Pardon my ignorance but what is mesh!?

·
Registered
845 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is mesh!?
Mesh, like the Joe Rocket Pheonix Jacket. Poly/nylon "mesh" (looks like netting) for those hot summer days. It allows wind to blow thru. There are dual density elbow/shoulder/back pads for protection as well. If you saw the movie Triple X, he wears a black one.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok - how's this, protective gear. I have a pair mesh gloves (I thought that's what SN was talking about) and I don't really think they provide much protection. Let's keep it to leathers or something equivalent. If it's just mesh than that doesn't qualify.

·
Registered
866 Posts
as far as protection, my joe rocket pheonix jacket already worked for me, I took a low side at about 25mph, not to major but my elbow and shoulder did hit the ground hard, the jacket protected me. the only injuries I had were on mt hands, the ironic thing is I was on my way to buy gloves:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wear the joe rocket jacket that is leather on the sleeves and back, and mesh in the front with armour, also gloves and helmet but cannot afford full leathers yet. Need more moola! $$$$

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
jacket and gloves.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Helmet, leather jacket, some upper body armor, gloves, Knee pads, and a pair of JNCO's (extra heavy baggy jeans) I'm Joe Stunter, not Ricky Racer. Sorry Chris but I'm not into the whole looking like a wheelie riding power ranger thing. :twofinger

·
Registered
74 Posts
Riding to work ( jacket gloves boots ) everything but leather pant's after work or on weekend I go full... I'd rather srape a puck instead of a cap :D and if your not scraping a puck then you ain't riding :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
i know he could, not the way he would want to, but almost anyone can 12!!!! of course most wont have a subframe/tail lights left though:twofinger

·
Registered
1 Posts
depends on the day. Hot and going to the beach? T-shirt, shorts. Going for a ride on a day other then beach day, shirt, jeans, sometimes leather jacket, gloves. Any long ride, leather jacket, jeans, gloves in cold weather.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Human Body = Fragile

I pity the fool who ride in shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

Doesn't anyone realize how fragile the human body is??? It just takes one jackass cager not paying attention to f'up the rest of your life.

To answer the question. I always ride in jeans, boots, gloves and my Joe Rocket textile jacket with body armor in the summer. In cooler weather a leather First Gear jacket including armor.

I would like to remain somewhat cute if I ever have a run in with the asphalt!

Peace and Ride Safe!

~Jen

·
Registered
230 Posts
Baby Chi Cha makes a valid point. For some reason most people don't quite think about how vulerable the human body is. After numerous meetings with mr. asphalt I have to say a special thanks to Shoei and Teknic for keeping me close to being in one piece and still around to write this post. Even though I said I'm not down with looking like a power ranger, I will say that I do hide the lower half of my leathers under my jeans. Far as staying cute goes, I think that wehnt out the window a long time ago for me. :( LOL, who knows. Hey Chris, have ya missed me ? lol :twofinger

·
Registered
22 Posts
only my jacket ... the pants stick to everything too much and i cant move my legs like i need to .....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts