Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all bikers! Greetings from Cammo in Oz. Just got another bike recently to supplement my 98 zx6. She's a beaut: 1992 vfr400.

I reckon that it outhandles the Kwaka easily, and the V4 with gear driven cams (think supercharger noise) certainly sounds better (induction roar isn't quite as good tho!). Have done a track day on it and I am still grinning like an idiot. Cheers.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sweet bike!

I didnt know red bull made rear shocks :D

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Welcome to SBW! Sweet ride. :cool: Mind if I ask how many bills you paid?

Where abouts are you located? I'm in S.E. Queensland.

Stay safe. Shiny side up, rubber side down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'day cooketree,

I had been looking for a good (road) example for a while, and this one is in excellent condition for its age. I am located in Northern Vic (Murray River region) but in I bought it from a dealerin Queensland (Ipswich?) over the net. Bit risky, but it paid off.

There are a couple of minor faults (1x warped disc, can resonates badly) but that is the risk I ran. Incidentally, the bike has a full stainless system and WR rearsets that the dealer was unawares of, so all in all I am really happy with it! I have a jet kit on its way from the UK.;)

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Cammo said:
...I am located in Northern Vic (Murray River region)...
Must love 'brass monkey' season down there, hey?

The coldest we've hit is 1C. (For our US friends, that's about 34F.) It hasn't kept me off the bike, but it makes for an interesting ride to work at 4am!

·
Registered
231 Posts
cookeetree said:
Must love 'brass monkey' season down there, hey?

The coldest we've hit is 1C. (For our US friends, that's about 34F.) It hasn't kept me off the bike, but it makes for an interesting ride to work at 4am!
Riding to work at 4 eh?Balls stuck to the can!! I used to carry a glass of warm water for that purpose. As soon as I arrived to work I poured it on me nuts so I can hurry up and get inside.:twofinger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts