Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone I am new here and since the gas is giong up like crazy.... 6.07 in alabama today.... :(

what is the mpg on an avrege bike .....

thaks everyone..... and if it is like 30 mpg i am definitley buying one .... if not then a scooter ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try high 30's to low 40's MPG. A buddy of mine has a Hayabusa (Current Spped King in the Sport Bike World). He has kept it stock since 2002, and he is getting low 40's for Mileage.

Buy a 600 and you will be very happy with mileage.:thumb:

·
Registered
892 Posts
stock '05 f4i, i get almost 50 at times.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Any of the big 4 will be reliable. Hondas are known to be the most reliable, suzi's are the least, but they are all VERY GOOD. Gas milage depends on how you ride. But even with the most agressive riding style, the sort the will get you thrown in jail, you will still get high 20's. Highway cruises will get you 40's on almost any bike, with low 50's not being uncommon. If you opt for a smaller displacement bike like a GS500, ninja 250/500, you might have to worry about gas going bad in the tank before you get a chance to use it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
my friend filled up his boat in san diego for $4.50/gal!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Haha, that idiot.

Gas got to just over 3 bucks, and I filled up thursday for 2.93. Thank god it is coming down! Wait until we feel the aftermath of New Orleans....

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
szakal: Now before you run down to a m/c shop & buy a m/c there needs to be a few things done like:

a)Best to line up to take the MSF Course on riding m/cs for riding m/cs is quite different to driving a cage.

b) The idea is to start your first bit of riding on a good bike to learn on & we do not mean a little 50 or 100cc, but point to the 500cc twins my Suzuki & Kawaski. They are the only one making them AND are probably the easiest of fuel.

c) Depending upon your State there is the matter of a crash helmet.

d) Also the buying of protective riding gear from the head with a helmet on it right down to the footwear for a m/c is not unique in being something you must learn to balance, shift gears in, clutch work & all but lacks any protection like a cage does with all the armor around it, self-balanced & all. Why we call a car or a truck a "cage".

Above is just in case you did not give any of the above some serious thought & the colourful clothing is not for appearance only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts