Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I was just about to jump on my bike this morning until something told me to look in the gas tank for gas.. (Why, I don't know, i have a gas tank gauge).. Anyways, I put the key into the tank slot and turn to open it, and the thing WOULDN'T OPEN. :confused: I gave it a bit more budge (I didn't want to break the key) and the key started to twist, so i'm like "Crap, turn it back the other way and bend the key back straight".. and I did..

So after more playing around with it, I managed to get the Gas Tank to open, took like 2 minutes fiddling around with the right amount of key turn force.

Anyways, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? It's like something is being built up inside part where it keeps the tank sealed.. any ideas?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey, Ninja600r

The same thing happed to me and my key was bent almost half way. What i did was spritze a small drop of WD-40 on your key and put it in your tank slot and start moving the key left and right....that should work. IT WORKS FOR ME. Or you can buy Vortex gas cap base and lids for about $100+ and that will solve your problem INSTANTLY. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts