Sportbike World banner

Gas Prices

3K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Ninja250F18 
#1 ·
I know we`ve been through this before but just wanted to say that the price up here has just gone up to $3.58/gallon.(87 octane)(78.9cents/litre).But at least its better than paying $6.35/gallon in Great Britain.YIKES!!!!!

------------------

#7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
Ya but we're better hockey players so....who cares ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't play Lawn Darts worth a shit though. :rolleyes:

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

G
#10 ·
I know jk6672,
I am from Canada though so I have to rub it in american's faces every chance I get ....

0.60 to your dollar would be closer :)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

G
#11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
I know jk6672,
I am from Canada though so I have to rub it in american's faces every chance I get ....

0.60 to your dollar would be closer :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And 0.6726 would be even closer. :p

Keep rubbing, Squid, and you're gonna go blind. :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

#12 ·
Yeah know, I had a Canadian rip me off once in a friendly kind of way. He was a truckdriver that I met in a bar one night. He came up to me and asked if I would trade him a five dollar bill for a canadian five. He said they were equal in value and I didn't know any different so I traded with him. We got to talking and buying beer after beer, at first I didn't realize it but he was buying rounds to. I said to him, I thought you didn't have any money. He's like, Naa I just wanted to see if you'd give me a five for less than I'd give you. Well the guy turned out to be a nice fellow. He did like to talk about hockey though, and he told me this story about how the US tried to invade Canada once back in the day and we (US) got the liven sh*t kicked out of us. I said, well I never heard about that in the history books, and he said something along the lines of because we don't won't to admit the a*s kicken. I sure that he was just pullen my leg though.

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

#15 ·
But hey,it goes around the largest country in the world,or is it the second largest.But only if Quebec doesn`t separate.I`ve heard(from a few american friends) that Texas wants to separate from the rest of the U.S.

------------------

#16 ·
Texas should seperate from the US and be the invading force to canada. 3 days and $500 billion later it would be ours, and we would have gained......well, what would we of gained? Micheal J Fox and and canadian bacon are the biggest exports, right?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

#17 ·
Well,California has had their eye on our fresh water in BC for quite some time now.I`m also sure that Americans would love to have land access to Alaska.But if we were invaded,I like to think that I would be part of the underground effort to make the invading armies life a living hell.

------------------

[This message has been edited by auger (edited September 16, 2000).]

G
#18 ·
Posted by Pete <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And 0.6726 would be even closer.

Keep rubbing, Squid, and you're gonna go blind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! Doh! Foiled by Pete again! DRAT! I meant to put .70 but I guess I just had a brain fart!(or maybe I am going blind! :eek: :D)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

#19 ·
funksouljon said:
$3.58 per gallon?
We are at $1.76 for 93 octane here in North Fl.
4 years later we're up to $1.93 in new england (over $2.00 in some places)

#20 ·
Slow day at work monkey?:p

#22 ·
It's to the point where I'm seriously going to have to start stealing gas.

#23 ·
Tippmann said:
Slow day at work monkey?:p
yup

HyDrO said:
I went to a gas station today and it was $2.23 here in AZ
ouch :crying:

Tippmann said:
It's to the point where I'm seriously going to have to start stealing gas.
yup

#24 ·
Eh, I really don't care how high the gas prices go. It will really put the pressure on the SUV and full-size truck drivers who guzzle tons of it, while my 50mpg bike gets me to/from work for very little $.

Another sweet benefit of riding a motorcycle :D

#25 ·
now that prices CONTINUALLY are going up, its now $2.03 per gallon for regular unleaded here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.