Discussion Starter #1
Wtf...:confused:
$3.49....from $3.29 this morn....
At like, five stations......:confused:
Am I missing something going on?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I will never understand this in my life. If the price of crude oil goes up it shouldn't affect the gas station immediately because they already have gas in the tanks.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Headlight said:
I will never understand this in my life. If the price of crude oil goes up it shouldn't affect the gas station immediately because they already have gas in the tanks.

Ever had one of those jobs that pays you a week after you work, so your paycheck is always a week late? Its the same thing. After all, when prices go back down, the station doesnt way till they run out of the expansive gas to lower them, they drop right away, right?

Earlier I heard this had to do with refineries. First bit of news dumped it all on maintanance, that refineries are undergoing while switching from winter to summer blend. A more ominous not today was talking about how few companies are in the buiseness of refining... GMA still blames it all on shell.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Mate, down here, the price of gas fluctuates up to 15c (US12.5c) throughout the week. Our cheapest full day is usually Tuesday, then it goes up on Wednesday afternoon. We can go from $1.15/L (US$3.63/gal) to $1.30/L ($4.11/gal) from Wednesday morning to afternoon.

It's a blatant rip-off aimed at people's pay packets (Thursday is a normal payday down here). Anyone wanting to go away for the weekend also cops the higher price.

When the price started going up, a few years ago, we were told it was because of the high price of oil and the low Aussie dollar. However, the price of oil has fallen and the dollar is high, yet we're STILL paying high prices. NOW they tell us it's because our prices are governed by the price of fuel in S.E. Asia.

F*cking fuel companies! :finger: I rate lawyers and used car salesmen above them!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The thing that bugs me the most about the inflation of the fuel prices is that week after week we get the same pay rate. The cost of living is much much more than the rate we get paid. It's a shame to hear that you guys are up at the 3.50s marker. Its still just under 3.00 here in mass. I think I filled my car 10.5 gal for 31.XX and some change.

Imagine how much of a tragedy it would be if everyone in the entire united states went on vacation for 2 weeks at the same time, and instead of going out stayed home. The cost of fuel would drop drematically. Unfortunately that would never happen, but would be very nice to see all of those greedy people drop to there knees....

The way they see it is like this. They delt with it when we jumped from 1.70 to 2.20 back in 2003. They can handle another jump now.

I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps.

Bah, The would goes round and round and were just pawns in play....

·
Registered
338 Posts
gsxr600krzy said:
The thing that bugs me the most about the inflation of the fuel prices is that week after week we get the same pay rate. The cost of living is much much more than the rate we get paid. It's a shame to hear that you guys are up at the 3.50s marker. Its still just under 3.00 here in mass. I think I filled my car 10.5 gal for 31.XX and some change.

Imagine how much of a tragedy it would be if everyone in the entire united states went on vacation for 2 weeks at the same time, and instead of going out stayed home. The cost of fuel would drop drematically. Unfortunately that would never happen, but would be very nice to see all of those greedy people drop to there knees....

The way they see it is like this. They delt with it when we jumped from 1.70 to 2.20 back in 2003. They can handle another jump now.

I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps.

Bah, The would goes round and round and were just pawns in play....
If everyone didn't buy fuel for two weeks the gas companies would be estatic, they wouldn't have to spend much on labor for two weeks and after the two weeks EVERYONE is gonna rush for gas BUT because of the two week slow time gas supply is low so they'll raise the price (supply and demand) and make a killing.

Post Office has to go up, gas cost more for company vehicles and employees average wage needs to go up so their workers can still afford to buy all the things that went up in price because of gas and inflation with gas being one of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If i had to pay that i would take a few weeks of vacation... i get about 320 to a tank and have to fill up twice a week.

So im around 60 - 65 for a week - a week and a half....

Carpool anyone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Catback said:
If everyone didn't buy fuel for two weeks the gas companies would be estatic, they wouldn't have to spend much on labor for two weeks and after the two weeks EVERYONE is gonna rush for gas BUT because of the two week slow time gas supply is low so they'll raise the price (supply and demand) and make a killing.

Post Office has to go up, gas cost more for company vehicles and employees average wage needs to go up so their workers can still afford to buy all the things that went up in price because of gas and inflation with gas being one of them.

SHHH... Im in the state of mind where I want to hate the world for raising the price of everything... Dont ruin it for me...

HAHA!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
gsxr600krzy said:
...Its still just under 3.00 here in mass...

...I think the US Post office is trying the same BS with the cost of stamps. Whats the point of jumping another 2c on stamps...
US$3.00/gal?! You lucky, lucky bastard. That's AUD$0.95/L!!! I couldn't tell you when we last saw a price like that.

With respect to stamps, we don't have 1c or 2c coins here (they were phased-out years ago), so stamps go up 5c every jump!

·
Registered
44 Posts
ouch, Yea they were 39 three weeks ago and i was running low so i bought 100... now they go up 2 cents and i have go out and buy 90 2c stamps so i can mail out my stupid bills.... BAH!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
gsxr600krzy said:
SHHH... Im in the state of mind where I want to hate the world for raising the price of everything... Dont ruin it for me...

HAHA!
I'm just waiting for gas to get to the point that everyone starts using bikes, scooters, and extremely fuel efficient cars.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
636Jen said:
I filled up my Trailblazer today...$82.75 :eek: :crying:

$3.40/gallon :confused:

Jen
Cause and effect all in one post. As long as people keep driving trailblazers, gas will not drop much....

Ya know what else I find odd? Most people spend more on food than gasoline... yet very rarely do people bitch about food prices.... Whats with that?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I dunno about that Vash. I remember a long time ago there was a boycott on cold cereal (cheerios, etc). The prices were so high that people refused to buy it. Apparently, the prices went down after that. Not sure if that's true ...it was a while ago....

Jen

·
Registered
338 Posts
Vash said:
Cause and effect all in one post. As long as people keep driving trailblazers, gas will not drop much....

Ya know what else I find odd? Most people spend more on food than gasoline... yet very rarely do people bitch about food prices.... Whats with that?
Some people do but they have no one to blame since bush was never in the food business afaik :D

636Jen said:
I dunno about that Vash. I remember a long time ago there was a boycott on cold cereal (cheerios, etc). The prices were so high that people refused to buy it. Apparently, the prices went down after that. Not sure if that's true ...it was a while ago....

Jen
Cereal is still too high....

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
gsxr600krzy said:
ouch, Yea they were 39 three weeks ago and i was running low so i bought 100... now they go up 2 cents and i have go out and buy 90 2c stamps so i can mail out my stupid bills.... BAH!!!
Stuck in the stone-age, hey? I pay all of my bills online. Actually, I don't know why I b*tched about the price of stamps; I never use them! :D

Vash, we b*tch about food prices all the time down here, but there are usually cheap alternatives to the expensive brands you like. With fuel, you're f*cked. There ain't no "homebrand".

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Well if I was pres, I'd make sure everyone gets a monthly gas card. I'm almost positive the bitching would drop tenfold...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Vash said:
That's fine for the family with one child but what do you suggest for the family of 5? Three carseats (until the kids are 4'9) don't fit very well in the back seats of cars.

Edit: By the way, car seats are about 22" wide at the base.

Jen

·
Registered
44 Posts
Catback said:
I'm just waiting for gas to get to the point that everyone starts using bikes, scooters, and extremely fuel efficient cars.
Ive got an 04 eclipse gs... trying to downgrade to maybe an 05 - 07 toyota corolla CE - 40mpg compared to 28....

·
Registered
44 Posts
cookeetree said:
Stuck in the stone-age, hey? I pay all of my bills online. Actually, I don't know why I b*tched about the price of stamps; I never use them! :D

I have most of my bills directly withdrawn from my account, but there are some credit cards not specifying which ones that will not just take the money the day its due. They want me to either pay by phone which will cost me 15$ to pay over the phone or a check....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts