Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal- I purchased my bike (used) last year shortly before winter. Only received one set of keys (one for ignition the other for gas tank/seat). Since the weather has been getting warmer I thought I should get a couple copies of the keys made in case I happen to lose the originals. I take both keys to a couple of places, both tell me they can't make the copies.
So...what now? has this ever happened to any of you? maybe I'm just missing something in all of my newbie glory, but do I need to contact the manufacturer directly about getting some copies of these keys or can I just go to a local Kawi dealer?
Thanks for any input, and have a great riding season :thumb:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I couldn't get them copied at a hardware store either. They don't have the blanks that will fit a bike key. I took it to the local bike shop that cuts keys and they turned me out a couple right durn quick.:)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Also have an extra set or two churned out & have one set at home will possibly the others some place close, to when you find you have lost your key & there sits the bike & you some miles from home.

I carry my spare keys in the coin section of my wallet & natch never without my wallet plus a set at home. Same thing for my truck, my home key, my P.O. Box key, & the gun club's two main keys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sure hope you dont get robbed by a redneck Smitty, now that youve divulged all of you info a fella could have quite a night with a bike/ truck and all the guns he can shoot:D :D .. Mission mull

1 - 8 of 8 Posts