Sportbike World banner

G mail accounts

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Jester 
#1 ·
my hotmail is broken and im tired of waiting for it to open up....ive heard some people get g mail for free and i was wondering if sum1 could hook me up PELASE I NEED HELP

Thanks Zach:D

#3 ·
What is g-mail and why is it such a big deal? :huh:

#6 ·
Scott,
Gmail is a free mail service from google that offers 1gb inbox space. It is also very hard to get as you have to be invited from someone that already has it. Then you can invite 7 or so new people to join.

#9 ·
Meh, Yahoo and Hotmail give me 250 mb each, which is well more than I need. :dunno:

#10 ·
I love Gmail. I also have Yahoo mail, but I now keep it as my spam receptacle. I've been a user of Yahoo mail for a few years, and I am not sorry to trash it up now.

Why Gmail is better than Yahoo mail?
--Gmail notification is better, does not require using Messenger.
--Gmail allows POP3 without extra charge, Yahoo mail wants $20 /yr subscription to MailPlus! before you can do that
--Gmail gives you 1GB of space, Yahoo only 250MB. When I originally signed up for Y! mail, they gave me 6MB, and quite often my mailbox was full from all the spam flying around. I noticed last year that new Y! mail subscribers only got 4MB of storage. Only when Gmail launched with 1GB, Yahoo decided they have to up the user space, or everyone would flee. Sure 250MB is good, but 1GB is four times more, therefore better.
--Gmail has keyboard shortcuts that allow you to navigate your messages w/o using the mouse. Most people probably don't care, but I know there are UNIX geeks out there who are thrilled.

PM me if you want a Gmail account. I have 6 invites, and everyone I know either has one, or doesn't know what to do with another email account.

#11 ·
If someone wants to send me an invite I'll check it out, I just didn't feel like actively pursuing it.

spicersh@yahoo.com

#12 ·
I got one, its pretty neat, but I wouldnt say its all that much better than the yahoo I had prior.
Personally I prefer pop3 accounts that show up in my outlook. Just dont feel like going to some site to check my mail.

#15 ·
Falcon, I'll take one if they are still available!:D

#17 ·
I got an account and havent invited anyone yet. If someone can point out where the invite thingie is, I can invite a few people

#18 ·
I just got one as well. Send me a pm if you want an account.

#20 ·
#21 ·
Vash said:
I got one, its pretty neat, but I wouldnt say its all that much better than the yahoo I had prior.
Personally I prefer pop3 accounts that show up in my outlook. Just dont feel like going to some site to check my mail.
You CAN set up your Outlook to retrieve Gmail account. That is one reason I think it is better than yahoo.

I have sent invites to: spicersh, jester, and rcmiller57. Hope I am not duplicating someone else's effort.

#22 ·
veektor said:
You CAN set up your Outlook to retrieve Gmail account. That is one reason I think it is better than yahoo.

I have sent invites to: spicersh, jester, and rcmiller57. Hope I am not duplicating someone else's effort.

:( I did not get it. Must be lost in email land.... damn gnomes stole it I tell ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.