Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fizzer 600 is a contender on my list for a first street bike. I was just wondering if new tires are available to fit the FZR, because I know that on some other bikes, you have to fit on a tire that just doesn't work as good.

Also, I'm wondering as to whether or not other parts are readily available for the Fizzer?

Thanks everyone.

------------------
Hayabusa ~ 0-60 in under 3 sec / top speed - approaching 200mph
F-22 Raptor ~ 0-60 in under 2 sec / top speed - Mach 2.0+

I'll take the bike.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jackal:
The Fizzer 600 is a contender on my list for a first street bike. I was just wondering if new tires are available to fit the FZR, because I know that on some other bikes, you have to fit on a tire that just doesn't work as good.

Also, I'm wondering as to whether or not other parts are readily available for the Fizzer?

Thanks everyone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you get an fzr6, make sure it one with the 18x4.0" rear wheel. bridgestone is still making rubber for it in a 150/60zr18 size that work very well.

pirelli/metzler also make good 18" rubber as well. from what i understand the 89 600 had a narrower rear tire that doesn't fit 150 rubber as well.

also, you can buy a machined down f2 or gsxr wheel for about 250 and then sell for your fizzer wheel for about 150. you'll need a new sprocket and shorter dogbones (30/set). then you can use 160 series, 17" rubber. see elsewhere in this forum for details.

i still don't have the dogbones yet, that's why it's not finished.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts