Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm on a quest to getting (my first) sportbike either in the fall time or next spring and I have a question, maybe a few. :)

1). on an Fz1, any chances of me finding a 3rd party under-the-seat exaust system? Thats one thing I admire about the Fz6.

2) Can I get the side fairings for the Fz6, I didn't see any on yammy's website, but they do for the Fz1, (which i saw in person and i love the look of it.

3) Whats the general opinion on a comparsion between these bikes, I'm kinda leaning more toward the Fz1, I think I like the appearance better.
*black engine and parts
*the tubular looking frame
*the side/front plastics

But the FZ6 I really like these things:
*the under seated exaust, looks symmetrical, looks really sween.
*the frame style is sleek looking. looks like its all one piece (all bolt-on, no welded frame)

Either bike I get i'm going to get the GIVI hard cases, side panels, and the taller wind shield as I want to do some travel on the bike.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Good features on both bikes.

You say you are going to be doing a lot of travel on the bike. The FZ1 would probably work better for that. You also said you like the tubular frame, luggage bags, and the way the engine looks. The only thing you can't find now is the under-seat pipes.

I think you like the FZ1 better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I'm kinda leanin that way... my dad on the other hand... :laughing:

on top of that i dont see fz6 fairings from yamaha, thats a huge factor with me now. I think those will help protect the engine from natures elements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something I think I have in my favor is that I ride motoross, and have a yz426f. I'm pretty used to suprises :laughing: but maybe not one quite like this.. hrm... :huh:

Any thoughts on a under the seart exhaust for the fz1? i've looked around and havent found jack, and im really anxious to see the 2006 model, I wonder if they changed it for 06? I havent found any 411 on the 2006 model either :crying: :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I, too, have been debating between the FZ1 and FZ6.

I plan on traveling a bit with mine, and from what I've read it sounds like FZ1 is the way to go.

Yeah, I imagine it is a bit more powerful than the FZ6, but all the pros of the FZ1 seem to outweigh the FZ6.

Can anyone give me a reason not to go with the FZ1?

·
Registered
59 Posts
out of curiousity where are htere aftermarket plasctics available for the FZ6? I've been looking but I haven't found any and mine are kinda fucked up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts