Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any first hand experience with an after market exhaust setup for the Futura? The main issue seems to be what happens to the rear support bracket for the hard bags. There isn't a whole lot of room under the seat for everything that winds up being there. I've seen installations where the bracket has been eliminated; but I would like to retain the support if possible.
Exhaust cannisters that have a louder than stock sound; with out being obnoxiously noisy would be preferred.

Tim D.

·
Registered
325 Posts
A colleague at work has one with an aftermarket system or perhaps just cans. Anyway, I have asked for info. It sounds nice and mellow and I'm certain the bags still attach. More to follow...

·
Registered
325 Posts
His reply:

I can highly recommend my setup, which is very popular amongst the Futura owners. I have Staintune exhaust slip-ons and de-restricted the air box. The sound is absolutely perfect. You won’t want to put the baffles in the tail end. Once again, the sound is perfect and the performance is excellent. Visit this site <http://pub165.ezboard.com/fapriliaforumfrm15> and look for the exhaust discussions, but if you own a Futura, you’ll spend a lot of time reading many of the discussions.

Good luck
Neil

·
Registered
91 Posts
Staintune

Tim,

Staintune and a setup from South Bay truimph are what I''ve heard of. Try posting up at http://www.apriliaforum.com The Futura group there is pretty active.

Scott :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ditto on the other points to indepth discussions. There's basically 3 choices at this point: South Bay's custom system, Staintunes and the MotoPsyco set up.

I went with the Staintunes and love them. The fit was simply perfect and my install took 2 hours at a liesurely pace accompanied by a Guinness. I removed the silencer plugs (suppositories) and she runs like a charm. Not too loud, but MUCH better than the Kirby Vacuum cleaner sound from the stock can.

Looks pretty spiffy too:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts