Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got back from fusa race in Portland. My friend, Robert Underwood got 3rd in 106 class after 4 guys were DQed after having too many ponies or too light. Ben Spies got 1st. John Hopkins qualified for pole, but was over HP limit and had to start last. He was up to 5th place in a matter of laps, but crashed out close to the end. I've raced the track many times, but watching them all brake at turn 1 made the hair stand on my arms. I met and spoke to Jeff Bostrom, he is an older cousin of the Bostrom Bros.,but he looks just like them. Straight hair and chops, even what looked like Ben's old helmet, and he was on F4. This was Jeff's first proffessional fusa race. He crashed in qualifying, started close to last, but still looked pretty impressive...I don't know how he placed. It felt kind of inspirational talking to a Bostrom, his attitude was proffessional and charming...I hope some of it rubbed off. Rothwell was his usual self doing lame tricks that even my mom could do. :rolleyes: I only watched the first 145 class race. John Hopkins and grant Lopez placed 1, 2. I think JImmy Moore got third. By this time my eyes hurt from forgetting sunglasses and getting baked too much...in the sun :) I heard it was going to be televised, but didn't see one camera??? This makes me come to a question, which I'll post in "club racing'

Trevor

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
There is a bike scene in Roseburg?? I grew up in Glide..haha. I think I'm heading up there next month to visit.

So how was the Portland race? I haven't been since Team Mr. was running twin turbo CBR900's and my friend josh was just a privateer. I talked to Roger Lee, he said FUSA at Portland wasn't in the budget. I didn't make it up this year due to schedule, but the only guys I know doing it now are Grant and John Hopkins. Beautiful track though

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts