Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure youve heard of them before, but i met one of the at richmond indiana. dalmations stye fur on his bike. The guy was good, ride whilees like nothing ski on the side of his bike, endos, handstands,you name it and then i saw him stand on his tank, crazy.

he said he was apart of the miamizoocrew.
couldnt find his picture on the website.

when i first met him i thought he was all talk, but he made me a beleiver.
i thought he killed himself once when i didnt see him for a month, but i saw him again and reliezed he'll never die.

·
Registered
379 Posts
smokinHawk said:
Im sure youve heard of them before, but i met one of the at richmond indiana. dalmations stye fur on his bike. The guy was good, ride whilees like nothing ski on the side of his bike, endos, handstands,you name it and then i saw him stand on his tank, crazy.

he said he was apart of the miamizoocrew.
couldnt find his picture on the website.

when i first met him i thought he was all talk, but he made me a beleiver.
i thought he killed himself once when i didnt see him for a month, but i saw him again and reliezed he'll never die.
One must be crazy, or know how to fight really well, in order to ride such a furry bike:D

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've never met a furred-out rider who couldn't stunt his ass off. Basically, if you've got the nerve to fur-out your bike, you've got the nerve to wreck learning how to stunt. My bike is still all stock and I learn a little slower than the furry boys.

It would make life easier for stunting, but all the cats at the track would laugh themselves senseless at my expense :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the St-Eustache race track (you all know where that is, right??)
;)

There is a rider (which is also a trainer for the ASM school) that rides a Hyabusa with PINK:eek: fur all over it!!!:confused:

It looks funny cuz it's fairly "Long-haired" but when it rains it looks pretty bad.. :(

I almst feel sorry for "it" when i see it get wet..
:confused:

:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the bike looked bad when i first saw it. But then i saw him ride then he got my respect, furry bike or not, he's the man.
and for some odd odd reson woman like the fur.

ill just keep my bike the way it is though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zoo Crew.

I saw him on a video. The miami zoo crew is on Judgment Day. The video is pretty cool check it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Furred Out

Guys fur isn't just some fassion statement us stunters try to make. Fur is cheaper than paint, covers up damaged panels, and in extreme cases holds plastics together. We don't fur out bikes for no reason. We fur them cause the look like shit from crashes. Two major downsides are wet fur sucks, and cops hate furred bikes. But the good thing is "chicks dig furry things." :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes I spelled fashion wrong. Cut me some slack its 3 am monday morning. :(

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey guys I see the zoo crew all the time since I'm local, they usually hang out at a few clubs, the freaky thing is there hair is colored to match the fur, stripes and all, and yes the women do go nuts over it

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've seriously considered fur. I know the reasons for it, it makes sense for stunting. It's a hell of alot easier to stay put on the tank when it's covered in fur.

If my current financial situation stays the same and I dump the R1, you may see fur on it real soon :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the fur idea, definitely cheaper than new plastic, and who couldn't use a little extra attention from the women?

I was wondering if you are guys gluing the fur to the fairings? What do you do when the fur gets about 7000 mi. worth of road grime on it; do you guys just tear off the furs and start over, or do you just ride that manky old dog?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fur is the way to go if your going to stunt out. The Miami Zoo Crew never get laughed at, being local I get to see them on the streets and at the track. After seeing what they can do, you just have to respect them or just think they are just nuts. I know of a few of them who have lost their lives, but that's the price you pay for playing. Next time you see one of those fuzzy bikes, give them a big wave. They may be nuts but they are entertaining and it does take a lot of talent to do what they do. But I must ad, being an MSF Instructor, the stunts need to stay on the track. (I dont know if its the fur or the stunts, but it get the ladies)

Check out there web page, they sell some awesome videos of their stunts. Like the 7 mile bridge wheelie.

http://www.miamizoocrew.com/

·
Registered
218 Posts
i can actually add something useful here :D
about the fur getting dirty after use, i've found that scotch guard works really good to protect it and make it easier to clean.

FUR ROCKS! <-----coming from a female of course :twofinger

·
Registered
218 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I've never met a furred-out rider who couldn't stunt his ass off. Basically, if you've got the nerve to fur-out your bike, you've got the nerve to wreck learning how to stunt. My bike is still all stock and I learn a little slower than the furry boys.
come to florida, i know of at least one guy who can't stunt for crap (hell can barely get the front wheel off the ground) and he already has his bike furred :D maybe he'll be able to eventually....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Clean fur is happy fur

Clean the stuff with woollite and dish soap. then rinse with a hose. We use 3M spray adhesive to attach it to the bike panels.
*sold at most auto parts stores in the body supplies*

There is one massive downside to fur that everyone here has overlooked..................

*FUR GETS MASSIVE ATTENTION FROM THE PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

If ya wanna get pulled over than fur your bike. I've had Phoenix PD and DPS both follow and chase me just cause of the furry bike.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've had Phoenix PD and DPS both follow and chase me just cause of the furry bike.
ok was it cause your bike is furry, or because you were doing like 120mph in a 15mph school zone:eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ummmm........ no

ok was it cause your bike is furry, or because you were doing like 120mph in a 15mph school zone

Ok a few times its cause of the "FUR". The times I get caught and choose to run then thats my fault. Not the cops. But I've gotten a lot less legal attention now that the bikes no longer hairy. I've been chased alot faster than 120 but I'm not gonna incriminate myself and say when or where. But it was because of my actions and I've chose to run. However when a cop busts a huey to go follow me down a street or into parking lots then its a little suspicious. When the follow me down streets *for not doing shit* for 15 minutes till i finaly go hide somewhere, then its just bad manners from our public servants. :twofinger The defense rests its case your honor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts