Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
insane sunday ride

Went for a Sunday ride with around 8 bikes total. One of these guys is sly10man(a real phsycho I must say). The ride started off by heading 50 miles south on some good roads to hooters for some grub. We then headed back on a different route. Were going up a long 4 lane mountain and me and sly10man are hanging at the back doing wheelies and stopies. The rest of the group had gotten out of sight. We start around a pretty sharp left hander when up ahead we see a state trooper with smoke rolling off his tires take off up the mountain. I had deduced that he must be after our group. Me and 10man know the roads like the back of our hands so I reach around and bend my tag up and 10man does the same. We do a short sprint of 150 and catch back up to the trooper. About a half a mile up we see our buddies just rounding a long right hand sweeper. I look down at the speedometer and were doing 135 right behind the trooper. I click down into 4th and wind it tight and pass the trooper(wish I had a donut to throw at him). I gap the trooper pretty good and look in my mirrors and see 10man trying to wheelie past him(guess he couldnt get the suz 750 up at that speed, but I would have to give him an A for the effort). We do around 150 and gap the trooper so much he finally gave up. We pull off on a side road and discussed what just happened with the rest of our buds. They said they were going around 90 when they met him and all they saw was him locking up his brakes--so they took off.10man said he was on the radio when he was beside him and was worried he was calling in a road block--got lucky I guess no more troopers were around. Everyone was cracking up when I told them about 10man trying to do a 130mph wheelie beside the trooper. 10man said "if only you could have seen his eyes". Well, maybe next Sunday will be a little less dramatic, I hope.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How bout an autograph Supersquid :rolleyes: Unfortunately it will probably be that poor state trooper that has to scrape your sorry butt off the pavement. Then you'd really wish you would have had that donut as he'll likely just toss you in a ditch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am just glad El green toe wasn't with us on that 600r kawasucky. He would have had to pull over and probably would have rated everyone else out. Yeah I know runing from the law is stupid but if it werent for guys doing this would we have anything exciting to talk about?

·
Registered
76 Posts
yamahaha said:
I am just glad El green toe wasn't with us on that 600r kawasucky. He would have had to pull over and probably would have rated everyone else out. Yeah I know runing from the law is stupid but if it werent for guys doing this would we have anything exciting to talk about?
Well as not to dissappoint you I think the ratings would have been along the line of dumb, whoa...even dumber, hang on....here comes Yamahaha......nah, I'm not going to trade insults at the sandbox with ya. However, if you think running from the law was the only stupid thing you did that day.....:(

As far as the lame attempt to belittle my ride....Perhaps one day I'll be as cool you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
429 Posts
hey yamahaha, I didnt know you posted this, so I did too, however i left out the part about me unsuccesfully trying to wheelie past the copper, but hey I tried. That was stupid on our part, but man was it fun! You were laying down some black marks coming out of every corner. SWEET! see ya Sunday.:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
yamahaha was making it look easy, i was sorta having a time trying to leave the smokey, but i did:twofinger

·
Registered
624 Posts
We should rename this thread. How about "why cops hate sportbike riders" or "stupid is as stupid does" ?

·
Registered
482 Posts
funniest story

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Re: insane sunday ride

yamahaha said:
The ride started off by heading 50 miles south on some good roads to hooters for some grub.
Did you squids enjoy your 10 dollar burgers?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Excellent tale you fellas have here. Slyman if you were really crazy enough to try and pull a 100+mph wheelie beside a copper, my hat's off to ya---that's BIG en's!!!

Robert- Have you considered creating a forum for "hooligan" stories like these? It might keep the flaming down because the law abidding folks would have to go outta their way to read them. Just a thought.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I figured if I was going to pass a cop doing over a hundred it wouldnt really matter if i was on two wheels or one, but I couldnt get it up. I probably looked pretty stupid, but I wish you could have been there

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Don't you guys understand all that sh!t does is ruin your own stomping grounds :rolleyes: and make it difficult for slow people to enjoy riding ;)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
sly10man said:
hey tippmann--- gixxer,gixxer,gixxer, gixxer, gixxer, gixxer, gixxer:twofinger
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:twofinger

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very exciting story, and I admit that if I could have seen it all go down from a safe location (helicopter) then it would have been very entertaining. It's too bad that it causes such problems for people that DON'T run from the law. I just hope I am not up the road when some one running from the law goes by.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you see the one....

Did you catch the latest "bike runs from cop" video? The cruiser went ahead and tagged the guy on the bike with his cruiser. I guess the old saying "all's fair in love and war," holds true here. It is too bad these guys are starting the war that includes all the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts