Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the sign up roster for a club's track day. They had two categories, novice or experienced. Next to each name, they listed bike and category. I had a little chuckle when i saw that the biggest bike an experienced rider was on was an R6. Conversely, the novices had everything up to and including several gsx-r1000's. coicidence? just thought interesting.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
LOL! :p

I wish I could go watch that..... just to see their faces as they're getting smoked by the guys on the "little" bikes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i was riding last year with some pretty experienced riders, one guy had agsxr1000 at home but was riding an F4i on this night, i had the biggest bike with the 900rr and i got smoked, they were WAY ahead of me before i knew what happened,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Look at...

...some of the biggest "cult bikes" among long-time sportbike riders: FZR400, Hawk GT, CB1, et cetera.

Anyone can hold the throttle of a Blackbird or 'Busa against the stop until big numbers show on the speedo. A wheelie novice can hoist monsters off the throttle with a TL-thou or R1. It takes skill and experience, however, to appreciate the pure cornering goodness that is slathered all over a lightweight sporter.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I'll add a different view to your Thread.

Have a '97 Yamaha YZF600r & '00 Honda 929. At the gym those sort of interested in what we ride, ask me if it was down to one bike you would stick to the 929 right? Then I point out it would be the 929 I would let go ------ proof being the rather gutless (in the eyes of R6 & others riders) 600r is the FIRST bike I bring out in Spring & LAST I put away in Autumn & it will get me anywhere at well above the max speed limits for cruising & still bags of power besides it is easier to handle, with fantastic anchors PLUS being the most COMFORTABLE to ride.
Yes I am what most would call as an experienced rider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
go Smitty!

I love reading posts about the YZF600R! I love mine too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts