Sportbike World banner

Fun in the Shed

799 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cookeetree 
#1 ·
I just love working with wood. My Dad was a cabinet maker for 20 years, so I guess I get it from him. Anyway, I just thought I'd show-off some of my handywork from my last week working in the shed.

This sign will hang on the gate of our block which is called, coincidentally, Cookeetree.
It's about 2.1 metres (6' 10") long.

I made this letterbox before the wedding. We had it set up (not on the post) for guests to put their cards in.
I've only just mounted it and added the numbers.

What do ya'll think?

See less See more
#4 ·
JBaz, I once saw a sign, in a woodturner's shop, that read, "We'd rather TURN it than BURN it." That's my philosophy.

These things were all made from 100% recycled timber. The lettering and letterbox were all made from crate timber that I salvaged at work. The post and "numbers board" on the letterbox came from a house that was over 50 years old and the slab from the sign is a cut from the outside of a log that was previously being used as garden edging at my folks' place.

Sepias, I'm hopeless with metal, especially when it comes to fine tolerances. That's what I love about wood. It's soooooo easy to work with.

#6 ·
Man I have to admit i was a bit thrown by the topic "fun in the shed". It made me think of my youth, which while in the shed, was not fun.

Good work though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.