Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ladies and gentle men, my father and i both on our bikes went out and ride yesterday to the local track to watch a friend of the family race shiftercarts.....there were some good roads and a few twisties...my father was scraping his V-star's pegs on one turn...( i told him he needs a sportbike if he's gonna show off..lol) anyway when it came time to fill up on our way home my tank took 2.5 gallons of premium petro and i marked 125 miles.... i knew it was over 40 mpg when i did the math in my head but when i got home and used a calc it spit out 50 mpg :thumbs2:
for a vehicle that fast to get better mileage then a Civic is fantastic

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I thought the same thing when i did the mileage on my bike. I can't remember if it was 40 or 45 mpg. Either way i was impressed.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tippmann said:
I thought the same thing when i did the mileage on my bike. I can't remember if it was 40 or 45 mpg. Either way i was impressed.
yeah aint that the truth...my ram gets 15 mpg and is no wheres even close to acceleration of my bike

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I get 50mpg regularly, too.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Our F4 got somewhere in the 40's, but I was disappointed upon moving up to the XX because it only got somewhere in the low 30's. :( I think we'll stick to 600's from now on. Just as fun as the big bikes, but they get better mileage, handle better, cheaper insurance, etc. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spicersh said:
Our F4 got somewhere in the 40's, but I was disappointed upon moving up to the XX because it only got somewhere in the low 30's. :( I think we'll stick to 600's from now on. Just as fun as the big bikes, but they get better mileage, handle better, cheaper insurance, etc. :)
yeah same here...the fuel economy is wonderful

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
YET my '91 Mazda 2600 4X4 gives me better milage then my Honda 929. Also the 929 is not for grunt (short runs around town) runs, but hwy. Though the 600r is better then the small truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts